Need support to be fit at 40! (next June)

Options
Hi I am 39 going 40 in June and really wish to be able to shed as much as possible weight to feel better. I have put on 40kg in the past eight years and I know it takes time to take them off but would love to start losing them. I am married with a nine year old son who is an adorable boy and also has autism. I eat and binge out of stress but now it's time to start to think about myself and take care of my own health.
Would appreciate any friends that can help me with tips and encouragement as I forgot the countless diets I tried and the monies I've spent. Now I decided it has to come from within the will to succeed and no money can buy it. Looking forward to meet new poeple with same goals on MFP.

Replies

• TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I plan to hit my goal by 40 (Feb) also. Feel free to add me!
  • angelkissingdevil
    angelkissingdevil Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi sweetie,

I know how hard it is to lose weight, I'm a single mum of 4 and back in April I decided to join Slimming World, I've had good weeks and bad weeks and I've learnt that I shouldn't beat myself up if I have a gain or I have a cheat day, I just means that I have to be more focused the following week, I have a goal in mind and when I started I was 16stone (101.605kg) I am now 13stone (82.5538kg) and I've still got 3stone (19.05kg) to go for my target. I have started going to the gym regularly and I also attend a bootcamp 3 times a week. I own a horse and a pony which I have to muck out daily and I ride on the occasions that it's not raining/snowing (not much just lately :( )

I am more than happy to help you along your journey as every week I upload my meal plan for the week and even though I still attend Slimming World I still eat things that are high in syns on their plan, I just log everything on MFP as since I've been doing MFP I've not had a gain.

Also another huge thing is drink loads and loads of water, it really does help.

You are more than welcome to add me xxxx

Sarah
  • mrsbobbob
    Options
    I'll be 40 next October..I swore to my self to be fit by 40...I'm on my way..just started usin this site again to help me...I gained another 10 ls in the past nine months and have a very sedentary job..so Im doing what I can to get exercise..walking at lunch waking up early, etc.I ave been having a really hard time gettin the scale to move down..had my thyroid checked etc. everything came back ok..it was so much easier to drop weight in my 20's..i will have to work extra hard...gave up drinking too!! No that I drank alot but I do love nice cold beers ont he weekend...it's been 2 weeks and only dropped 3 lbs..but it's a start. maye we can motivate each other.
  • marica1973
    Options
    Thanks for the replies much appreciated! hope to see you here in the coming festive days as I always gain 7pounds over Christmas and this year I want to change that.:happy:
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I'll be 40 in September too and I'd love to be at my goal weight/size by then. Feel free to add me and we'll all try n hit 40 looking hot!!! :bigsmile:
  • TwelveTwentyOne
    TwelveTwentyOne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    There is also a group for Fabulous 40s.. Please come join!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/2396-fabulous-40-something-ladies-
  • angbunny22
    Options
    I hit the big 4 0 last summer and since joining am in the best shape of my life thanks to great motivation and MFP friends that support me! Feel free to add me! =)