need to lose 10 kg in 3 months

Options
I really would like to lose 10kg before I go off on my holiday (in feb), do you think this is manageable?

Im on an intake of 1200 calories a day and currently weight 63kg. Anyone got any advise?

i m indian so cant avoid rice and chappati's... pls can anyone provide me any diet chat

Replies

• PepperRocks
    Options
    Hello :) I am from India too. Well 10 kgs, in 3 months is not easy

For losing 1 Kg, you need to ward off 7700 Calroies. For losing 10, 77000 cals. That means a deficit of 77000/90 = 800 every day. Thats does not seem realistic. Let me know if there is anything wrong with the maths.

I think creating a deficit of 500 per day is possible. Say 200 by diet & 300 by exrecise. 500*90= 45000/7700 = 6 Kgs.

All the best!
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You can make a good dent in the goal you have by than for sure. Losing 10kg in three months might be tough since you are already at a pretty low weight. The smaller you are the slower it comes off unfortunately.
  • Hadunka
    Hadunka Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    It´s not impossible at all. But you have to move and burn a lot of calories too...My starting weight was 83 kg, during 5 weeks I have lost already 6 kg. I eat burnt calories back and I cheat some days...
  • notamuffintopanymore
    Options
    I have always been in the 70-73kg range for as long as I can remember...Was born a "healthy"(not-so-healthy) baby, was fat as a child and adolescent...unfortunately being an only child does have its baggage in an Indian family...all the love gets showered in food...that too parents who are seemingly well educated but have absolutely no concept of good and bad foods and think saturated fats = good foods.... I hate my body...I see women 10-15 yrs older who are in much better shape...I have been there, done that...tried every trick in the book....worked my *kitten* off to lose 10 lb for my wedding only to put it right back on...I have a sedentary lifestyle due to my work...hardly get time or have the energy left to exercise most days after working 10-12 hrs....my husband thinks i can survive on air....he has to stop me at everything i eat...if it were in his control, he wouldnt even let me drink water...he has a very fast metabolism and can pull off eating tubs full of fat without gaining even a milligram (he actually loses if he doesnt eat)....i hate him for this.....he does not understand how much i hate being overweight and what i have not tried to lose weight (whatever i could best do given my limited time and job requirements)....i would like for once to be pleasssseeeee in lower 60s if not 50's range....i dont know what to do...feel very lost, extremely angry and frustrated...started trying mfp at the recommendation of a colleague...seemed to work the first week or so....then my weight stabilized and now i feel like breaking my scale every time i look at my weight....i have had my thyroid function and bmp checked recently, i do not have any medical problems to my or my doctors knowledge nor are any labs abnormal....just have this very very unfortunate tendency to bloat at the slightest provocation....even a glass of water extra adds 0.2 to 0.6 lbs....i am to the point where i wanna chuck all the diets and exercises in this world and start eating anything and everything and not care about any damn thing...coz nothin has worked for me....guess i am just destined to be a MOTI all my life
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Exercise portion control, be sure to have brown basmati rice and use traditional stoneground chapatti flour. Both of these are lower on the glycaemic index than white rice and white flour.
  • notamuffintopanymore
    Options
    I hardly eat rice, may be 1-2 times in 10 days....what exactly do you mean by portion control in my case ? can you please look at my diary and advice ? thanks
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 kg in 5 mnths and a lot of people said that was fast. I was on 1200 a day excerise 3 times a week for 1 hr
  • DreamerOfSlim
    Options
    Well I'm Asian... If you cannot avoid chapatis and rice why not change the way your currys are made?

Use a cooking spray instead of using oil from a bottle

Log everything you out into your food and think about how you can,ale healthier choices by changing some things.

I also want to lose weight by Feb as well but I'm sticking to losing 10lbs or a dress size anything will do lol.

Anyway back to the topic move around as much as you can.. I deliberately leave something upstairs that I need during the day so that I can run upstairs and downstairs sometimes lol

Do a lot of stretching, use YouTube videos basically get your body moving and eat healthier...
    Good luck :)
  • DreamerOfSlim
    Options
    To the MOTI comment I feel the same way.. But I have siblings and they're all older than me and they're all skinny Minnie's compared to me.

Like you I am 70-73 kg :( not good for my height either but I've tried everything... My weight fluctuates a lot and it's annoying.

I feel myfitnesspal is really working for me and I'm doing everything I can to make changes for myself...
    Why don't you set up smaller goals for yourself? You will feel so much better.

I think what you need is to find a nice way to make yourself feel good what I've done is I bought loads of things that "treat" myself to e.g makeup or a nice spa treatment at home etc.

Making your skin look healthier and taking good care of your body outside will help you to realise the need of taking care of it from the inside and that's what I've noticed during the last 2 weeks... Have a positive outlook on it all we will no longer be motis again but remember it's you who can change the way you look and feel.

:)
  • notamuffintopanymore
    Options
    Thanks a bunch DreamersofSlim...I really appreciate the motivation...I am trying to get more ideas and get more creative in making better choices...I have also noticed when i am stressed out or angry, I do emotional eating....I konw I cant completely change it overnight, so I have decided to atleast make healthy choices if I cant control portion size at that time...like if earlier i would have eaten a sandwich with cheese, i would now chose an apple or an orange....I hope I am able to stick to that...

Thanks for the suggestion of rewarding myself and setting smaller more realistic goals....I will definitely work on it

Another prob, how do I lose the abdominal fat...tahts the biggest setback so far...other areas are more amenable to work out and strength training...Also you mentioned about makin your skin look good...I have noticed red blemishy skin, large pores on face...my skin elsewhere on the body is very even and smooth...any suggestions for this ? i used to have blemish and acne free skin till few months ago....now i have small flesh colored bumps...n they look bad :(
  • withoutaname
    withoutaname Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 kilos in just under 3 months, but it would really depend on your frame.
    I'm 5'4 and used to weigh 83kg and do a lot of sitting around usually during the day. All I did was I started going to the gym between once to three times a week, started strength training, cutting out almost all sugar, and made sure I hit my calorie goals every day (started off at 1200, now bumped it up to about 1380). Basically I learned to enjoy to eat healthily and motivate myself by going to the gym.

As for losing abdominal fat, you can't spot reduce.