low-sodium / high-protein alternative to sliced meat?

Options
so most days I use sliced/shaved ham or chicken breast from the deli at the supermarket to fill my wraps or just snack on out of the bag - i ride a motorbike so carrying prepared food to and from work is quite inconvenient and my work kitchen only has a microwave and a sandwich press... but the sodium content of these meats, in the quantity I need to eat them to reach my protein goals is just unacceptable...

What can I buy in place of the sliced meat that is high in protein and low in carbs and sodium??

Replies

• Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about strictly just sandwich ideas, the first things that come to my mind are tuna and peanut butter (not together of course haha)
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can make your own chicken breast on the weekends. Grill, bake, broil or poach then shred it for your wraps. You can add spices and control the salt . You can also add hardboiled eggs or low sodium tuna to your wraps.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You can make your own chicken breast on the weekends. Grill, bake, broil or poach then shred it for your wraps. You can add spices and control the salt . You can also add hardboiled eggs or low sodium tuna to your wraps.
    spot on , i do this
  • cheddle
    cheddle Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i used to do this, take cooked food but it really is just quite a pain in the *kitten* to take on the bike...

keep the ideas coming
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Quorn do good vegetarian meat replacement sandwich fillings.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I bought a meat slicer and roast and slice my own sandwich meat...
    Next on my want list is a smoker.
  • sls1989
    sls1989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    if your shopping at woolies in town u could try some cooked prawns (bit expensive) or u can get the ready to steam frozen fish that u could microwave at work.