Since I started my journey ... !

Options
Good morning everyone,

I noticed that since I started my weight loss journey (20 days now), I am more sensitive to weather changes. I am often feverish.

I have also been experiencing mood swings. I am nice, calm, & joyful most of the times and for no apparent reason I change to rude, angry & sad.

I was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing the same things. Is it related to my new lifestyle ?!

N.B. I workout everyday (Zumba OR 30 Day Shred) and have a 1200 calorie-diet !

Replies

• robinr515
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but I caught three colds and some other flu-like bug in the first six weeks after I started my weight loss journey. In the two months since then, however, I've been totally healthy, even while everyone else around me has been sick. I think when you change your diet and/or exercise routine, your body needs time to adjust. Hopefully it will get better soon.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I feel cold all the time now, but it's been 15 months and 50 lbs ago since I started. I didn't really feel anything a few days into the transition...It's probably just your body adjusting to being healthier.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    You have a 1200 calorie diet? There is your answer. Even when I was netting 1200, I was cranky and miserable and tired much of the time.
  • Majda_
    Majda_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's normal or not, but I caught three colds and some other flu-like bug in the first six weeks after I started my weight loss journey. In the two months since then, however, I've been totally healthy, even while everyone else around me has been sick. I think when you change your diet and/or exercise routine, your body needs time to adjust. Hopefully it will get better soon.
    I feel cold all the time now, but it's been 15 months and 50 lbs ago since I started. I didn't really feel anything a few days into the transition...It's probably just your body adjusting to being healthier.

That's what I thought too. It is my body adjusting. I just wanted someone else to confirm. Thank you :)
  • Majda_
    Options
    You have a 1200 calorie diet? There is your answer. Even when I was netting 1200, I was cranky and miserable and tired much of the time.

My net is 1200. If I workout I surely eat more. I lost 8 pounds in 20 days. Except from my mood swings and weather sensitivity, it is working perfectly !
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options

My net is 1200. If I workout I surely eat more. I lost 8 pounds in 20 days. Except from my mood swings and weather sensitivity, it is working perfectly !

I didn't mean to imply that 1200 isn't effective for weight loss-it is (or was for me and is working for you in that regard). I was only sharing that I experienced significant crankiness at 1200. I now eat more, net more, I'm still losing and I'm not cranky - well no more than before I started a year ago anyway.
  • Majda_
    Options

I didn't mean to imply that 1200 isn't effective for weight loss-it is (or was for me and is working for you in that regard). I was only sharing that I experienced significant crankiness at 1200. I now eat more, net more, I'm still losing and I'm not cranky - well no more than before I started a year ago anyway.

What is your net now?! Do you workout more?! I see that you are close to your goal, I will be glad to learn from you :)
  • Duck_Puddle
    Options
    I aim for a net that is the sedentary TDEE for my goal weight. I run 5 days a week most weeks.