NSV - hand me down clothes from my old self

Options
Pulled down a box of clothes from my brother's attic. I'd stashed them there 3 1/2 year ago when I'd moved to his city. The clothes were too small for me but I hoped to lose weight and fit into them. I never did. Since then I moved back to my previous residence and kind of forgot about them. This past weekend, while visiting him I pulled down the box and was astonished (and delighted) to discover that 80% of them now fit, with a few still too small and a number of them already too large. This is outstanding! I'd forgotten these clothes, and some of them are really nice. And they are arriving just in time - I was on the verge of buying some clothes as I am finally shrinking through the ones in my closet and in the storage in my own home for "almost" fitting clothes. NSV, right? Oh - and as a bonus - the economy seat on the flight back last night felt comfortable! MFP has been a huge huge help.

Replies

• marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh that's the best! I love that feeling.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hooray! What a great feeling. :-)
  • robinr515
    Options
    It's funny, I had a similar thing happen yesterday. I pulled down some old pants that haven't fit in at least three or four years, and tried them on--eight pairs fit! One pair was a little snug, but the rest fit nicely, and one or two were even a little loose. It is a great feeling.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    LOL! I love this NSV! Yay for self-hand-me-down clothes! :)
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I too have a box or two in storage labled "skinny clothes".
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I cannot wait until I can hand me down some clothes from my old self. I have a rather large stash of too small clothes in the attic & in a drawer or 2 in my room.
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all of you who commented on my entry this morning. It's certainly kept the happy feeling fresh all day!
  • mrshoneydew
    Options
    That's awesome! Great NSV! :)
  • craigja
    Options
    I have clothes that haven't fit in so long they went out of style and are now back in. Some even still had the tags on them! They fit now. Great feeling.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!