Baked Fruit

Options
tonya_2010
tonya_2010 Posts: 97 Member
Anybody have any recipes for baking fruit?

Replies

• Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    No sorry. Just google. I'm sure a million receipts will pop up.

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tonya_2010
    Options
    I made roasted grapes last night and they were delicious!!!

:)
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I made roasted grapes last night and they were delicious!!!

:)
    sounds good, how you do it?
  • tonya_2010
    Options
    I used red grapes. Take the stems off and wash them. Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle 3/4 tsp of olive oil on them. Add a little salt and pepper. Put in the oven on 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the skin starts to blister. Dip them in yogurt.
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I used red grapes. Take the stems off and wash them. Put them on a baking sheet and drizzle 3/4 tsp of olive oil on them. Add a little salt and pepper. Put in the oven on 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the skin starts to blister. Dip them in yogurt.
    thank you, sounds yummy, im def, gonna try it
  • 1lexisva
    1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Never thought about baking fruit maybe grill but not bake...I will look up some recipes
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Get the Baked Apricots recipe from A Wee Bit of Sugar

White wine and lemon thyme flavor these baked apricots as they bake. Use the fruit to top desserts like almond cake or ice cream.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/baked-fruit-dessert-recipes_n_1613644.html#slide=1123153
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Roasted Strawberries
    Get the Roasted Strawberries recipe from Simple Bites

Forget the jarred strawberry ice cream topping. Roast your own strawberries and use them to create the best sundae ever.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/baked-fruit-dessert-recipes_n_1613644.html#slide=1123154
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Roasted Peach Sundaes
    Get the Roasted Peach Sundaes recipe

Pair any roast fruit, especially peaches, with ice cream (or frozen yogurt) and you've got a great dessert. Top with crumbled gingersnap cookies to make it a sundae.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/20/baked-fruit-dessert-recipes_n_1613644.html#slide=1122615
  • tonya_2010
    Options
    Those all sound good!!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options

Sounds yummy! I am going to try this! Thanks for posting!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Welcome :D
  • AnnaNoel_21
    AnnaNoel_21 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I usually grill it. Bananas, pineapples and peaches are may favorites.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    YES!!

I love baked apples/pears.

I just wrap them in tinfoil, then bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 mins, a little less.

then I top with cinnamon!! YUM or brown sugar for pears :)
  • tonya_2010
    Options
    YES!!

I love baked apples/pears.

I just wrap them in tinfoil, then bake them at 350 degrees for about 15 mins, a little less.

then I top with cinnamon!! YUM or brown sugar for pears :)

That sounds delicious! I will try the pears tonight probably.
  • stephanie_penrose
    Options
    I've made homemade apple chips a few times. You core an apple and cut them in the 1/4 inch (or thinner) slices. Put them on a baking sheet covered by a piece of parchment paper and bake them for an hour. I can't remember the temperature but you can google it, no problem. They are really tasty and healthy!
  • rachelroma
    rachelroma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I've never baked fruit that I can remember. These recipes sound good though.

Usually I put fruit that's starting to get a little old in a pot and simmer it until it's stirable and eat it as dessert. My favorite is an apple and a few small plums. But fresh pears, peaches, apricots, grapes... all work well. Basically anything with an edible skin.
  • Bloodredmoon
    Bloodredmoon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thank you, sounds yummy, im def, gonna try it

Nice, gonna have to try this!
  • tonya_2010
    Options
    I've never baked fruit that I can remember. These recipes sound good though.

Usually I put fruit that's starting to get a little old in a pot and simmer it until it's stirable and eat it as dessert. My favorite is an apple and a few small plums. But fresh pears, peaches, apricots, grapes... all work well. Basically anything with an edible skin.

That sounds good, too! I'll have to remember this. I hate to let fruit waste.