Calling all pear shaped friends

Options
How do you find pants or skirts? My waist is getting a bit smaller but my hips and thighs are still bigger so my pants have become to big in the waist but fits perfectly in the hips..

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Lose fat

Find a good tailor
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your exercise regimen is, but I found that doing strength training and cardio has helped shave off size in legs and hips...and pretty much all over. The key is to lift heavier weights...don't go for the 3lbs hand weights...go for the 5lb...and then work your way up to 8 and 10lbs. Building muscle helps you burn fat all over.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Not sure your size but:

Old navy dreamer is a curvy fit
    Ann Taylor curvy fit boot or trouser
    Lane bryant has 3 body type jeans
    Levi bold curve/ curve id line

My hips are currently 16" more then my waist, and I have larger thighs.

As for loosing it, I don't. I will always be very pear shape so no help with that. I've just found stores that have options.
  • nakiarhall
    nakiarhall Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    well since you asked about pants I like pants from old navy or arizona brand jeans from Jcpenney's
  • amberdragonfire
    Options
    One of my coworkers said that Gap has a belt - its about $40 so I havent looked into it yet - that is supposed to pull in that gap you get in the waist of your jeans when you have to buy bigger to accommodate butt/hip curves. I have never spent $40 on a belt before - so I am leery. Maybe after Christmas when money is less tight I might go online for some research.
  • Heyman09
    Heyman09 Posts: 184
    Options
    I'm losing weight still, I workout about 3 to4 days a week but I've always had this shape. I'm just wondering if I need a belt for life or if there were any clothes that I could find that could work. I don't think my body will ever be even due to my shape.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Either try on everything and only buy what fits, or buy what fits the biggest part of you and have it altered.

It's super-easy to sew a couple little darts in the waistband. You can even sew it by hand.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I will always be a pear shaped... Curvy fit is great for this. A lot of stores now carry their own version of it.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I'm a pear shape--If it's "dress pants", I go for the loose/wide leg; I'm able to get the rt fit for the waist (sometimes runs a lil' big but not alot) but legs seem to be a perfect fit. My favorite is RAFAELA (TJ Maxx/Marshalls). For jeans, I like RIGHT FIT (Lane Bryant or Fashion Bug). Dresses or skirts are sometimes "hard" to fit perfectly so I just "try on" and see what works
  • PremierFiguier
    Options
    american eagle's boyfriend jeans are my favourite.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I need belts as a pear shaped lady. My butt and thighs stretch out the jeans so they end up sliding down. Belt keeps the pants up.

I like Gap jeans, with 1% spandex for stretch. They have curvy fit as well.

I do hope to lose more weight, but I've accepted I will always have small boobs and a big butt.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Jeans? Dress pants?

For jeans, I really like Levi's. They have a lot of different fits - just try them all on (even if you think they won't be a good fit) and find out which one(s) work for you. Then hit the clearance rack. Their jeans are expensive normally but I get mine on the clearance rack for $10-20. I just browse that rack/section every time I walk past the store and over time I've built up my jeans collection for pretty cheap.

For dress pants, I work in an office and I only wear Express pants. The editor style (no wide waistband) fits really well on me. Before I lost weight, the waist had always been really tight or the thighs really loose but now that I'm back to my natural pear shape, it's perfect. Plenty of room for my butt/thights but the waist fits well too.

ETA: Express is pricy but their pants last. I've had to re-hem a couple pairs but they've never once worn out on me. I use their coupons and buy multiple pairs at once to get the best deal and try to use discounted gift cards. They also did a black Friday 50% off sale.
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm losing weight still, I workout about 3 to4 days a week but I've always had this shape. I'm just wondering if I need a belt for life or if there were any clothes that I could find that could work. I don't think my body will ever be even due to my shape.

I feel you. Well I've found levis are the best jeans for me and I don't need a belt with them. Go for the ones that have some stretch to them.

For dress pants, I found the Kate straighlt leg pant from Ann Taylor loft fits me perfectly.

For all other pants...unfortunately, I do end up having to wear a belt. :(
  • amyk225
    amyk225 Posts: 154
    Options
    yep i can never find jeans that fit properly:(