Wii Active Question

Options
I've been using the wii active game for almost two months now, and I love it! I feel like it's time to step up the weight training part of it, but you can only do so much with the resistance band. I bought some 4-lb wrist weights yesterday, but they're kind of bulky and uncomfortable, and i'm not really sure if they will do more than the band (although i've only used them once, so I haven't really given them a chance yet). I was wondering if any one else has moved beyond the resistance band, or has any tips. Thanks!

Replies

• boscopup
    boscopup Posts: 20
    Options
    You can buy a different weight resistance band. Look up "Theraband" and you'll find rolls of it in different weights. The one that comes with the game is fairly lightweight.

Also, have you changed the difficulty setting yet? I did the 30 day challenge on "easy" the first time, then kicked it up to "medium", so even though the band was wimpy, I was doing more reps which made it a little more challenging.

I had thought about the wrist weight things and wondered if that would work. It'd be nice to have something that you didn't have to replace now and then like you do with the band.
  • monkey_2
    monkey_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!! I might have to look into a different strength band, that's a good idea. I have upped the difficulty, I did one 30 day challenge at easy, and now i'm about half way through the 30 day medium challenge. I like the idea of the wrist weights, but I used them today, keeping them on the whole time (since it's annoying to take them on and off), and I found that some of the excercises, like boxing and basketball, didn't work as well. I'll try them again tomorrow, but will probably end up taking them back.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also bought a new set of bands at target for $8. I've been using the medium strength now for about a month and it's time to replace it already. It's stretched out where I have it severely shortened so it still works lol. I have to replace it with the heavy I still have stashed away. But definitely go with new bands. It was a huge difference when I replaced the original. Also, from everything I've heard from a bunch of people, the therabands are the best and won't stretch out as easily as the cheaper versions so if you can afford them, go with those. Happy wiiing :flowerforyou:
  • CrazyAdventures
    CrazyAdventures Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Have you tried folding the EAS Active band over and standing on it, to alter the intensity?
  • monkey_2
    monkey_2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Have you tried folding the EAS Active band over and standing on it, to alter the intensity?

I have started folding it over for some of them, and it does work pretty well, although sometimes I have trouble getting each side to have the same intensity.