Highest 28
Present 23.4
Target 21.5
Lowest 11

Replies

• Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I don't have a target BMI, as it does not reflect the truth, just as the scale.

My Bf is around 20%, yet my BMI shows I am actually almost overweight.

If you lift heavy, the BMI will be higher.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yeah BMI sucks @ss, I'm aiming to reduce my body fat by 10%-12% rather than focus on the scale or BMI.
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Currently 24. Aim to be 22. Will be happy with 24 if i put on more muscle. Ive found bmi to be helpful so far
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Not sure how this is a success story...
  • wjimenez10869
    Options
    Im not entirely sure about the number just have an image in my head of what I look like when I get there. To answer your question I think my fat % would be around 18.
  • Tamefearnua
    Options

Wow life is very serious
    If you dont like the question dont answer and I promise I wont answer any of your Topics
    Your Topics may be tooo heavyyyy for me
    A sense of humour is FREE
  • 75in2013
    75in2013 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Lowest 11
    smiley-shocked008.gif

BMI is the devil. We are all special snowflakes ....

BMI is actually a pretty good guide value for average people. There are very few people with a high BMI that are actually not overweight. And those people are not worried about their BMI anyway because they KNOW that they are not overweight.
  • Tamefearnua
    Options
    Lowest 11
    smiley-shocked008.gif

Yes 11
    I was a 16 year old fighting for life after surgery
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    BMI is actually a pretty good guide value for average people. There are very few people with a high BMI that are actually not overweight.

I'd probably qualify this statement so that "average people"in this statement means people who don't lift weights hardly ever nor do they do any other real body weight based strength training. My experience has me at an overweight bmi even with only moderate to light lifting and a 32 inch waist on a 6ft tall man. Looking further at BMI, a 6ft man would be in the middle of the healthy range at 160lbs. The guys that I know in that range have very little muscle mass.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

I'd like to be 225 lbs. (at 5'10").
  • helyg
    helyg Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    At the moment I am just aiming for 25, i.e. the top end of healthy. I started at 34 and am currently at 27.
  • roeann53
    roeann53 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My highest was about 39.2, now I'm at 28.6 -

Years ago I was told that I carry a lot of muscle - probably because I did a lot of martial arts training and weight lifting as a 'kid'.

Its been a while but I am trying to do some workouts each day to tune and put back some of the muscle mass I've lost, - I think I would be happy if I could get down to 25 even if the BMI calculator says that's still overweight.

By hey - right now I feel good, and don't have some many aches and pains; so it really doesn't matter what the calculator or even the scales say!
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    BMI is inaccurate. They just discovered that it was underestimating the BMI of morbidly obese people and over estimating it of those who aren't. For those people who are fit and thin it doesn't take into account that they might weigh more but be more muscular. Most athletes have very high BMI's because of this.
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Funny how people with normal BMI never complain about how inaccurate it is....
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Funny how people with normal BMI never complain about how inaccurate it is....

normal people can't bench 350+ either...
  • juniormints74
    juniormints74 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Highest: 28.9
    Present: 23.4
    Target: 19
    Lowest: 19
  • mandy0688
    mandy0688 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    So here is what I think. Anyting over 18.9% BMI is underweight, 18.9%-25% is normal. 25%-29.9% is overweight and over 30% is obese. Once i lose 10 more lbs i will be in the overweight stage. Once I hit 155 i will be normal weight at exactly 25% BMI. When ppl compliment me on my weight loss I tell them according to my BMI I am obese. Their jaws just drops. So wow. I am still obese. My BMI has dropped like 2-4% but its like wow your still a fat *kitten*. I am 5"6 at 195.8lbs and I don't look obese but according to my BMI i am. I think that BMI is bull****
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options

Yes! At my fittest, my bodyfat was below 20%, but my BMI said I was overweight. From being on MFP, I've realized that not every body is the same.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!