Keto Friends!

Options
Hey there all, Looking for keto friends with open diaries :)

I'm 22 F from Aus..

40kg to go till my goal weight..
50kg lost since March 2010.

Replies

• meghadeath
    meghadeath Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Are you really doing to the keto diet for weight loss? My daughter is on the keto diet for severe epilepsy. It's a very serious diet. She had to be hospitalized when she started it. Is the weight loss plan the same diet or more of a high fat low carb diet?
  • triinityz
    triinityz Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't open mainly because of the judgemental purists on here LOL. I will say I've been on a ketosis low carb diet for almost a year and I've never felt better. You do need to be careful though, if you have any kidney issues you shouldn't do it. And having a check out by the doc beforehand would probably be smart.
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    What is the keto diet? Google said is basically high fat, low carb.. Is this correct? Im doing Atkins.. sounds similar!
  • BrittKnee_Rae
    BrittKnee_Rae Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My diary isn't open mainly because of the judgemental purists on here LOL. I will say I've been on a ketosis low carb diet for almost a year and I've never felt better. You do need to be careful though, if you have any kidney issues you shouldn't do it. And having a check out by the doc beforehand would probably be smart.

Same reason mine is private as well. lol
  • angstudio
    Options
    Anything specific you're looking for in an open diary? I'm sure most Keto folks would be happy to answer questions or provide their experience.
  • shanmackie
    shanmackie Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    keto diets are an awful idea and should only be done in extreme situations. there are more healthy ways to lose weight.
  • KrayKira
    KrayKira Posts: 230
    Options
    Mainly looking for open diaries for meal idea's..

And yep consulted my doctor and my doctor is all for it and very supportive!
  • KrayKira
    Options

Oh joy I can see this is going to be interesting.. -_-
    Thx for the warning lol
  • KrayKira
    Options
    Are you really doing to the keto diet for weight loss? My daughter is on the keto diet for severe epilepsy. It's a very serious diet. She had to be hospitalized when she started it. Is the weight loss plan the same diet or more of a high fat low carb diet?

My doctor actually told me about the Keto diet as I have a medical condition also..
  • eatathome
    eatathome Posts: 81 Member
    Options

I'm doing modified for epilepsy/migraines, and I can barely stick to it (I cheat). I don't know how people maintain this if they don't have to for other reasons. I hate it. But I haven't had a seizure in over a year, which is amazing. I still have migraines, though, but they're not daily anymore.
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm ... semi-ketoing. I'm a carb-lover, it's my downfall in life. But, I fully believe in your body craving things it needs and I found myself craving cinnamon and I knew that meant my blood sugar was crazy, and then a few days later my husband and I fought incessantly about my moods and my attitude and I put it all together that it had to be related to too many simple carbs causing my blood sugar to be completely out of whack.

So ... I set out to eat fewer than 100 grams of carbs a day since Sunday, and up my protein, and I'm proud to say that I have been successful. I've had some sugar/simple carbs, but I do that to keep my sanity - as my husband has banned me from restriction diets as I turn into a complete monster when I am devoid of the things I love entirely. But I'm satisfied, and I'm doing pretty well.

I'm not a HUGE carnivore, nor do I eat seafood ... I can't eat a lot of leafy greens (with a lot of fiber that are filling) due to the interaction with my blood thinners so I'm sort of limited in what I can eat. I'm always open to new recipes though - and if I stumble across any, I'm more than willing to share. I do know I'm starting to crave pizza ... so I'm thinking a pizza quiche may be in order this weekend. :)
  • KrayKira
    Options

I'm doing modified for epilepsy/migraines, and I can barely stick to it (I cheat). I don't know how people maintain this if they don't have to for other reasons. I hate it. But I haven't had a seizure in over a year, which is amazing. I still have migraines, though, but they're not daily anymore.

Thanks for sharing!
    Makes me feel better about it!!

When I first read about this I was like wth is my dr trying to do!
    But the more I read and the more ppl I talk to who have had similar to urself make me feel better about it

I officially start today my dr has eased my start onto this
    Today is my first officially that's it keto day..

interested to see how I go
  • chrome_princess
    Options
    I still have migraines, though, but they're not daily anymore.

I'm a migraine sufferer myself... with minor headaches thrown in almost every day in between, just for fun ... but I've noticed on days I keep my carb intake low, the dull headaches tend to stay pretty much at bay.

I only get 2-3 migraines a month these days, but I'm on Topamax for those, so that might be a reason ... am also on blood thinners for a blood clot ... and that might have something to do with it too (because I've noticed the migraines decrease since I've been on blood thinners - when I was on the injectable blood thinners, I had no headaches whatsoever, it was amazing).
  • KrayKira
    Options
    I had surgery for the migraines about a month and a half or two months ago.. I knew before even having that my dr was considering keto..
  • chrome_princess
    Options
    I had surgery for the migraines about a month and a half or two months ago.. I knew before even having that my dr was considering keto..

Surgery for migraines???? Do tell ... as I've been plagued with these since I was 17 and they don't seem to be going anywhere...
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    google "marks daily apple" and you will find tons of info. I do not have my diary open because people feel the need to fill my inbox with their unsolicited opinions.
  • KrayKira
    Options
    google "marks daily apple" and you will find tons of info. I do not have my diary open because people feel the need to fill my inbox with their unsolicited opinions.

Thx
  • Stingroo
    Stingroo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I always love when people tell me keto isn't healthy.

I normally stare at them and wait for an explanation, but no one ever offers any compelling reason why carrying my 148 pounds of lost weight is a better alternative. :)
  • BlameBeauty
    BlameBeauty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try this but I am scared! lol Its intimidating.
  • chrome_princess
    Options

Thx

My co-worker is a highly regarded member on MDA ... Quelsen. :) He knows just about everything. He's been keto for about the last two years. And he has lost almost 200 pounds. He's my hero.