Tuna Melts?

Options
1lexisva
1lexisva Posts: 978 Member
Anyone have a good recipe...My Boyfriend likes Johnny Rockets Tuna melt but I have no idea what they put in their tuna....So if anyone has ant good recipes they want to share....Please let me know........Thanks!!!

Replies

• Dreajewkes
    Options
    I love putting 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper and 1 teaspoon onion powder in with two tablespoons mayo with a can of drained tuna fish. I would sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the mixture and then pan fry it with some non stick cooking spray.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I love putting 1/2 teaspoon of lemon pepper and 1 teaspoon onion powder in with two tablespoons mayo with a can of drained tuna fish. I would sprinkle mozzarella cheese into the mixture and then pan fry it with some non stick cooking spray.

sounds good!! Ima try this! Thanks!!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Although I don't have a specific tuna melt recipe, try substituting cheese with dairylea/similar brand light cheese triangles for a lighter calorie sandwich. The brand I've got has only got 42 calories per triangle (the 'light' brands have even less), and makes a fantastic substitute for melted cheese.

They're fab for any meal where you're just going to melt the cheese anyway, so pizza, grilled sandwiches, mac + cheese, risotto etc. :)
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Although I don't have a specific tuna melt recipe, try substituting cheese with dairylea/similar brand light cheese triangles for a lighter calorie sandwich. The brand I've got has only got 42 calories per triangle (the 'light' brands have even less), and makes a fantastic substitute for melted cheese.

They're fab for any meal where you're just going to melt the cheese anyway, so pizza, grilled sandwiches, mac + cheese, risotto etc. :)

Thanks! I Love cheeese so I will definitely try this out!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    although you're a 49ers fan, I'll still help in this case (though you're losing this weekend :laugh:) I usually make mine a spicy tuna melt and use either sabra supremely spicy hummus or spinach and artichoke hummus with some sriracha mixed in for a kick instead of mayo. I always mix it up on the cheese, but usually cheddar and mozzarella mix comes out tasty. I grill mine on a panini press
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    HAHAHA!!!! Thanks! Sounds Delicious! and NO we will WIN :D I can't wait til Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Here's an ingredient rundown for my favorite recipe!

Kirkland Signature - Solid White Albacore Tuna (In Water),
    Kraft - Free Ranch (Fat Free Ranch Dressing), 1 tbsp
    Kraft Real Mayo Ics - Mayonnaise, 0.5 Tbsp
    Franz - Light and Healthy English Muffin 100 Calorie Multigrain, 1 muffin
    Tomato Slices - Tomato Slices, 2 slice
    Great Value - Cheese, Sharp Cheddar, Finely Shredded, 1/3 Cup
    Fresh - Garlic (1 Clove), 1 medium clove (4g)
    Star - Imported Nonpareil Capers (20 Capers), 0.5 tsp (4 g) 20 capers
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 0.2 tbsp

Mix tuna, ranch, mayo, garlic,capers, and a dash of nutmeg....top onto light english muffin slices then top with tomatoes and cheese.....Put under the broiler until browned and VOILA!
    Bomb tuna melt! :heart:
  • 1lexisva
    Options

Mix tuna, ranch, mayo, garlic,capers, and a dash of nutmeg....top onto light english muffin slices then top with tomatoes and cheese.....Put under the broiler until browned and VOILA!

Yumm!! I can't wait to try this! Sounds so Goood! Thanks!!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Tuna Melt from last night on Wheat Roll...Yummm :)

download-1.jpg
  • awj39
    awj39 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I usually throw a little light mayo into low sodium tuna (from the packet, not the can), and then mix in my favorite salsa. I put it on whatever healthy bread/roll I have handy and then cover with a serving of cheddar or whatever other cheese I have in the house. Stick it under the broiler until the cheese is melted. It's not a "traditional" tuna melt, but it kicks the craving to the curb.
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I usually throw a little light mayo into low sodium tuna (from the packet, not the can), and then mix in my favorite salsa. I put it on whatever healthy bread/roll I have handy and then cover with a serving of cheddar or whatever other cheese I have in the house. Stick it under the broiler until the cheese is melted. It's not a "traditional" tuna melt, but it kicks the craving to the curb.

Yummm sounds delicious!! :)
  • SylentZee
    Options

That made me hungry.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Why are they called tuna melts? Why aren't they called tuna *cheese* melts, because it's the cheese you're melting...not the tuna? *shrugs*
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do not know if this would taste like the Johnny Rocket Tuna Melt, but I may try this recipe tonight! I will use a oval roll, and also make a soup and salad to go with the sandwich for dinner. I think my fiance will like it also!:smile:
    The creme fraiche will be the most difficult part (time consuming). I will use my Calphalon grill to heat the sandiwiches up, but oven or toaster oven works as well.

http://www.chacha.com/video/30428149/how-to-make-a-tuna-melt
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    I do not know if this would taste like the Johnny Rocket Tuna Melt, but I may try this recipe tonight! I will use a oval roll, and also make a soup and salad to go with the sandwich for dinner. I think my fiance will like it also!:smile:
    The creme fraiche will be the most difficult part (time consuming). I will use my Calphalon grill to heat the sandiwiches up, but oven or toaster oven works as well.

http://www.chacha.com/video/30428149/how-to-make-a-tuna-melt

I used the ingredients from that video into our tuna we made and it was delicious!!!
  • smiley13000
    smiley13000 Posts: 142 Member
    Options

OMG!! I tried this...and IT'S AMAZING!!!
    Thanks SO much for posting this!!
  • AndreaEllen
    AndreaEllen Posts: 71 Member
    Options

OMG!! I tried this...and IT'S AMAZING!!!
    Thanks SO much for posting this!!

Hahaha YES!!!!!!! The fact that you tried and loved makes me Pleased as PUNCH!!!:heart::smooched:
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mrs. Dash original! I eat tuna melts like three times a week - had one for dinner actually lol
  • Filomenaaa
    Filomenaaa Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bumppp love tuna melts trying all of these ideas!
  • 1lexisva
    Options
    Mrs. Dash original! I eat tuna melts like three times a week - had one for dinner actually lol

Yumm...You only use Mrs. Dash?