Armpit fat

Options
Does anyone else have armpit fat? Not on your armpit but where fat bulges out of your bra strap area? Even when I was very thin ive always had it. I just always thought it was because I have broad shoulders that it was just the skin trying to connect. Is it possible to lose it? And how? Thanks!!

Replies

• alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Besides overall fat reduction (calorie deficit), pushups!
  • MinjeefLanders
    Options
    Ive been dreading push ups. Cant even do one! I guess I gotta start :p
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have it and it sucks. My guess if it doesn't go away when I loose the weight I'll need to do some upper body weight training.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

You can't spot reduce.

All you can do is continue to lose weight/lower your body fat percentage until it's gone. Push-ups are a great exercise, but they will not exclusively banish fat from your problem area.
  • Rockwoodcommalindsey
    Options
    I freaking hate that!! Its my biggest pet peave. I never had it when my upper body was very fit from my former job as a horse farm manager, but now that im in the office... its getting so gross. hahahaa I know I need to just work it out, but it sucks!!!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

I've been working up to mine. Started leaning against the wall, now doing them on the counter. Next step is on the seat of a chair, then finally the floor.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have some, many women do. BUT, I did discover it was no where near as bad as I actually thought, I was just wearing the wrong sized and shaped bra. Getting properly sized and fitted helped tremendously. Try getting fit at a place that does so by actually looking at you in the bra instead of just using a measuring tape. It works wonders.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have armpit fat? Not on your armpit but where fat bulges out of your bra strap area? Even when I was very thin ive always had it. I just always thought it was because I have broad shoulders that it was just the skin trying to connect. Is it possible to lose it? And how? Thanks!!

I have it, but it's better since I lost weight. It used to cause me to have painful rashes.
  • 1sisrat
    1sisrat Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If you do not use those muscles they atrophpy.... most people with desk jobs don't use them so they turn to mush and don't hold a pleasant shape and buldge over straps that confine the area (bras). Push ups, planks, weight workouts that target the arm and upper back work great. www.fitnessblender.com has husdresds of free videos that can show you how to tone your muscles. I use them and boy do they work!