Not sure why I am not seeing any results...

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and a half, so my BMR is only like 1588....so 1200 sounded about right for me o.o

If BMR=sustenance for vital organs while comatose then what dies 1200=?
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do measure what I eat; we have a food scale. ha

then maybe ask a doctor? random people on the internet can't really tell you exactly why something is or isn't working for you... all we can do is offer tips and things that have worked for us.

But I will say that working out 2+ hours a day and eating 500 calories is NOT healthy, and is absolutely not the only way you can lose weight.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    could be what you are eating. can't see your diary, but make sure you are eating the right foods. Sometimes I have to up my calories and my exercise to get the scale moving again.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I know it's not healthy..hence why I haven't done it since...but I havent been able to lose weight since without some serious calorie deficit. :/
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I'm only 5'1 and a half, so my BMR is only like 1588....so 1200 sounded about right for me o.o

But, DAN! She's a SNOWFLAKE!
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I worked out your numbers and you need to be eating more (to weigh less), you would have to be eating 2500 calories a day to be building serious muscle. Check your diary for sodium (processed foods) which will make you retain water along with lifting.

"Mifflin-St Jeor
    (FOR WOMEN)" BMR 1,457 (you should be at least eating this)
    Maintenance 2,185 (If you want to maintain your weight)
    Cut (@ 15%) 1,857 (to lose the weight)
    Cut (@ 20%) 1,748
    Build (@ 15%) 2,513 (to gain muscle and weight)
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Net calories is the key... If your workouts are not as calorie burning as you are calculating and if you are off on calorie counts then you may actually be at excess calories rather than a deficit. If this is a single week that you gained after some loss then perhaps you have a rebound water retention, TOM, or your sodium intake was too high and that is causing water retention. Remember 3500 calories lost does not equal one pound its the energy in one pound of fat and it takes adipose tissue a while to diminish.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    I worked out your numbers and you need to be eating more (to weigh less), you would have to be eating 2500 calories a day to be building serious muscle. Check your diary for sodium (processed foods) which will make you retain water along with lifting.

"Mifflin-St Jeor
    Cut (@ 20%) 1,748

This is gold!
    Perfect!

OP when you use this set of numbers you won't eat back any cals and be sure you have rest days.
    PM any of us if you need suggestions.
  • juzmejnee
    Options
    im in the same boat too :( i havent had a real loss in months.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of rude people out today.

She is eating 1200 NET and is quite small. That's entirely different than a straight 1200. She's eating back her exercise calories, so probably eating VERY close to TDEE minus 15% anyway (when I calculated it both ways, they came out VERY close).

My suggestions are that your BMR could be overstated by the calculators. Mine, once I had it tested, was actually 10% higher, but what if yours was actually 10% lower? It very well could be.

If you are confident in your measuring skills with your food, that just leaves your calorie burn. Possibly exaggerated by the machines. Can you get an HRM (like a Polar FT4) for any cardio workouts? Or even borrow one from someone for a week to see if the machines are off for you.

Lastly, water retention is a possibility too. Keep at it, you're doing the right things (from what I can see on this thread anyway).
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

"Mifflin-St Jeor
    Cut (@ 20%) 1,748

You should probably eat... Your not gaining any muscle, your adding water weight from your workouts or higher sodium foods.. Eating correctly is just as important as your exercise, and your not eating correctly.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I am just used to the instant results of the..rather unhealthy eating habits I have grown accustomed to, and didnt realize how much effort goes into losing weight the healthy way.
    Part of me wants to blame thyroid issues and the birth control...but that might just make things more difficult, but it'll happen eventually.
    It's only been two weeks..which I know it seems like I'm making a big deal out of not seeing real results in such a short time, I'm used to crash dieting and seeing weight loss in a few days and all that...plus I probably threw my body out of wack for a while since I'm in the process of recovering from an ED.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I just looked through a week of your diary. Are you consistent in your logging? If so, you're still eating under many days, sometimes significantly. Looks like you're eating your exercise calories back only about 50% of the time. Try to be more consistent in your eating. But, give you're recovering from an ED, I understand you can have good days and bad days. Good luck.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This, never eat below your BMR, eat somewhere between your BR and TDEE, your body needs fuel to work properly and keep your heart strong along with other vital organs including your brain.

• daninicoleshreck
    Options
    I just started really logging again two weeks ago, and I do log everything I eat, so..I dont know what to do. I hear not to eat when im not hungry, eat every 3 hours, and a bunch of other stuff...I dont know what to do D:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    thanks for opening your diary. it looks like you skip a lot of meals during the day and make up for it later. Seriously, eat breakfast, eat lunch. Cut as much sodium as you can. Processed, packaged, & fast food is loaded with it. The sodium will make you retain water weight. Be sure to drink plenty of water. Also try eating on a schedule. Eat or don't eat your exercise calories. I rarely eat mine. I try to eat as close to 1200 as I can. Lean protein, fruits, and veggies.
  • daninicoleshreck
    Options
    Thanks for all the help, guys.
    If anyone wants to add me and help m along the way, that would be great. Or message me!
  • Rachelle1016
    Options
    What sort of foods are you eating? You could be eating foods that are the right amount of calories, but maybe very high in sodium? That could make you retain water weight. And also, EAT.
  • StudioMaid
    StudioMaid Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You may not be losing weight but are probably losing inches. Please don't be discouraged. Nobody said
    it would be easy. Keep going, your end results are going to be amasing. :)
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary and you may be under calories but the food you are eating is well, crap for the most part.. Its not just about how many calories you eat but what kind of calories you eat. I am a strong believe in never going under 1200 cals a day. I think most women should have at least 1400 a day but that's just me.