How do I counter the high carbs?

So I've made some really bad decisions that I really thought were good (uneducated I guess). It's only morning and I have a really high carb count. I'm laid up so I can't really do much cardio and have a hard time walking. Obviously I'm going to watch my carbs the rest of the day. Just wondering if any of you pros had some suggestions.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Are you specifically trying to do a low carb diet? If not, just worry about your calories. I eat 250 to 300 carbs a day, and have been losing steadily since March.
  • MNRockstar
    MNRockstar Posts: 13 Member
    I'm not but carbs are my downfall. I was just shocked to see that high of a number this morning. Thanks for the reassurance.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Why don't you plan meals out? Track your calories the right way. You don't spend money before looking in your bank account do you?
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    One way to cut down on carbs is to cut the portion size in half. Use 1 piece of bread for a sandwich instead of two. 1 piece of toast for breakfast instead of 2. If you have potatoes for breakfast don't have toast. 1/2 a banana instead of a whole one.
  • Blossom59
    Blossom59 Posts: 81 Member
    One way to cut down on carbs is to cut the portion size in half. Use 1 piece of bread for a sandwich instead of two. 1 piece of toast for breakfast instead of 2. If you have potatoes for breakfast don't have toast. 1/2 a banana instead of a whole one.
    . Good advice!
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    2 options;

1. Cut off one of your arms. You'll immediately lose 10 lbs and you'll burn extra calories as your body repairs the wound.

2. Don't worry about it and get back on track tomorrow.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Just chalk it up to education, maybe eat less carbs for the rest of the day, and move on. What's done is done.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    You can lose weight on a high carb/low fat diet, or a high fat/low carb diet. Both work. If your carbs are up today, try to keep your other macros lower.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Depends on the carbs you ate, sugar donut carb's or a whole wheat pancake ? I eat my healthy carbs in the day , you have a better chance of burning off those carbs all day long. Don't worry about one day, tomorrow is another day to get it right . goodluck:smile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Don't worry. Eat more protein and let it balance out.