UGH!

Options
I have been watching my calories for 2 weeks now and almost everyday staying under my 1400/day calorie intake. I started working out about a week ago as well. I still havent lost a single pound as a matter of fact I have gained a pound in the last week. I have an awesome group of ladies at work that are really keeping me on track, but I just want to give up and enjoy a fat filled lunch or supper if I am not going to lose anything!

Any suggestions to help me lose the weight quicker?

Replies

• TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Try using some different sites to determine a better base-metabolism rate. I don't like the fact that MFP only has 4 options, including sedentary. Most other sites have at least 5. See what those sites estimate your BMR to be, then knock of the standard 500 calories and see where that leaves you.
  • kaligrl1
    Options
    Try to stay focused.. Take your measurement sometimes that is a good measure on the good work you are doing. Muscle weighs more than fat; also if your clothes are fitting better then you are doing something right.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    There's a lot that can determine why you aren't losing any weight. Are you eating back your exercise calories? What's your TDEE and BMR? Are you getting your period soon? You can put on water weight. Also, it's only been 2 weeks. Weight loss doesn't happen overnight. I know you're frustrated and impatient (like the majority of people on this site), but it'll take time. Try to be patient and do research. You'll find that it'll put your mind at ease. Check out the group: Eat more to weigh less. There are a lot of answers there that'll probably make you feel better. :) Good luck!
  • VictoriaWorksOut
    VictoriaWorksOut Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Stay with it. Are you eating your last meal at least 3 hours before bedtime?
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Only 2 weeks? Give yourself some time, girl! Where's the fire? You'll get there, just be patient and DON'T GIVE UP!
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Consuming unprocessed food that's low in sodium? Logging your calories accurately?

I know it always takes me a couple of weeks to see results initially, and then a nice big chunk comes off all at once. If you're doing everything right, just be patient.
  • SStrauss79
    SStrauss79 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Don't be discouraged. When I started working out I had weeks I gained or lost nothing. My body was building muscle and when I took my measurements it proved to be true. Keep at it. Your body will do goofy things like that. More importantly do not be married to the scale...check it every couple weeks or something. Give your body a chance to adjust to the changes and they food you are eating.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    It's only been 2 weeks. It's too soon to see results, especially if you are exercising. It's common to gain a little at first. Just stick with it while your body is adjusting to the changes, you'll be glad you did.

I felt the same way at first, thought I was spinning my wheels. It's been 127 days and I've lost 11.5 pounds and several inches. About to drop a pant size any time now. Had I given up in the beginning, I would not have accomplished anything.
  • Jacquiesteer
    Options
    I was doing everything right and sticking to the rules and just like you I wasn't getting anywhere until I tried a different tactic. I changed my eating pattern by only eating carbs for breakfast and lunch and removing wheat based carbs from my night time meal (so no pasta or bread) and now the weight is falling off... I still enjoy pasta every now and then but no more than once a week. Anyway, that's what worked for me but everybody is different so you may have to experiment to find out what works for you... Keep going and you will get to your goal!
  • abnerner
    abnerner Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Watch your sodium and carbs and be patient. Weigh yourself at the same time each time and drink lots and lots of water. Don't worry, it'll start to come off.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Two weeks is barely enough time for your body to get used to the changes.
    I've had nothing happen for up to 3 months before things started changing.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    two weeks? It took me 4 MONTHS of training for a half marathon before I noticed changes in size - and 6 months before I saw changes in weight.

patience.

keep doing the right things, and you WILL see the right results...

don't look to 'get rich quick' - earn every pound of weight / every inch of size you lose - that way you will fight like hell before you let it back on.
  • hollyjo01
    hollyjo01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I do however understand that 2 weeks is a short time period to see changes and I am not looking for quick results, but wouldnt thought I would of lost inches or lbs by now. Thanks for all the useful tips. :)
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    open your food diary so we can see what you might be missing!
  • iammygirlsmom
    iammygirlsmom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I needed to read your post today! I too am so depressed. I have 40 pound to lose and have been relatively "good" for the past 10 days and NADA! ZERO! I know everone is well meaning with their suggestions, but seriously when you have this much to lose and you reduce your calories dramatically and increase your exercise dramatically and can't lose one pound, how in the heck can I move 40 off of me!! It's not that our food diaries are perfect, but seriously SO much better than 2 weeks ago, right?
    Just wanted you to know you are not alone, feeling down too:(
  • hollyjo01
    hollyjo01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    THANK U my girls mom... I know I have to give it time but just need a pick me up every now and then as well.. :)