Cream Cheese Frosting Alternative

Options
My biggest downfall is Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting. I think I mainly eat it for the frosting. Does anyone have a low calorie alternative for carrot cake or the frosting?

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Maybe cream cheese frosting on graham crackers?
  • rickpearce
    rickpearce Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My personal experience is this. If I REALLY (and I mean REALLY) want something, then no alternative will work. I'll try the alternative and not be satisfied, then try something else and still not be satisfied and in the end eat what I really wanted anyways.

I honestly think that just eating and fully enjoying the thing you want makes more sense. Especially if you pre-plan or gain some exercise cals.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My personal experience is this. If I REALLY (and I mean REALLY) want something, then no alternative will work. I'll try the alternative and not be satisfied, then try something else and still not be satisfied and in the end eat what I really wanted anyways.

I honestly think that just eating and fully enjoying the thing you want makes more sense. Especially if you pre-plan or gain some exercise cals.

Yep!
  • codycisco
    Options
    Thanks yall! I feel the same way! I will walk around the kitchen tasting this and that and still eat what I was originally wanting in the end. I make sure that I REALLY want it though. I will make myself wait a day or two and if its still driving me crazy I will break down and eat it. Carrot cake is the only vise that I just cant seem to give up.

I work out usually an hour a day, would it hurt anything if I did another 30 minutes of something?
  • klg19
    klg19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Instead of cream cheese try using the laughing cow cheese, they taste similar to cream cheese but have a big calorie difference.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of regular frosting, it's just way too sugary for me.

I sometimes smear a layer of the Philadelphia indulgence cream cheese on my muffins.
    Pumpkin Spice Muffin with white chocolate cream cheese -> YUMMY :love:
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Bump