Solid 12 minutes!!

Options
Today, I ran a mile in a solid even 12 minutes. First time ever! Feeling pretty good, considering 5 months ago i couldn't even run a mile.

Replies

• audiophile
    Options
    Whoa! Impressive!! Congratulations! :D
  • kbhobbs
    kbhobbs Posts: 216
    Options
    VERY proud of you! Keep on runnin'!!! k
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you! I just hit the same milestone about a week ago. I can actually jog an entire mile on the road without stopping! It takes me about 12 minutes, but I will continue to improve and so will you, I'm sure! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! great job!!!!!!!!!!!!! it feels soooo good doesnt it!?:glasses: :glasses: :drinker: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • mrsgiffin
    mrsgiffin Posts: 122
    Options
    great job!!!
  • lauribear
    lauribear Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!! Isn't running awesome? It's so amazing how you can go from hardly being able to move to being able to run a mile in 12 minutes. WOOOO!!
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    I'm so very proud of you hun! Way to go!! :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    ***********Flips********Twirls********Super Hero Power!!!!!!!!!!! WTG Carolyn. I am proud of you :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work.
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    Options
    My hats off to you! Keep it up and soon you will be breaking records...of your own!:wink:
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I've ran five 12-minute miles in the last few weeks! First time in 12 years that I've completed a mile. You are on your way now!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Great accomplishment. Doing things do get easier as the weight comes on. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome! I haven't actually ran a whole mile in almost a year!
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    That's a HUGE accomplishment... good for you!!! PLUS, running is a great stress reflief when needed... welcome to the runner club:flowerforyou:
  • spfraser
    spfraser Posts: 17
    Options
    Wow! You're an inspiration! This is a goal I am moving towards. :happy:
  • shellyhead
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I know I am still trying to run a full mile myself.
  • mm624201
    mm624201 Posts: 4
    Options
    I ran my first mile.... in a lonnggg time..... last week. I was totally pumped too. Great job- before you know it.... you'll be running 2! :)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Isn't it so exciting! I just ran 20 min straight on the C25K program. TOTALLY couldn't even believe it.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Great work. I was proud of running for 5 minutes twice today. LOL. I'll be there soon I'm sure.
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    thanks everyone!! I am pretty proud of myself. Now for 2 in 24.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!