Help! Anyone know of a good cross-country moving company?

Options
recee96
recee96 Posts: 224 Member
So I'm moving from Texas to Maryland and I need a moving company to move my furniture...which won't rip me off and/or take my stuff in the process ;) I've made the mistake of filling out a survey online and now I have several companies calling my phone and sending me emails! It's annoying to say the least.

Anyone use a good company, they can recommend? How about a company...I ABSOLUTELY should not use?

Thanks!

Replies

• aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    ABF U-Pack is awesome! Maybe I'm biased because my dad is a VP, but really, they are great. I used them all 4 years I was in college for moving my stuff from home to school and vice versa. My stuff was never damaged or stolen, and the service is fast. Plus, I believe it's relatively cheap. The drivers actually care about your stuff as opposed to UPS or FedEx, who just throw your $h!t on the front porch.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I second U-Pack... I used to them to move from San Diego to Denver with no issues, and it was under a grand for a 3 bedroom condo. Caveat: You have to pack and unpack the trailer!! It helps if you have good friends or cheap movers. Even still, that came way under the $1800 just to rent the Penske truck, before fuel. Definitely give them a check - I didn't even have a single dish broken. :)