My moms doctor just told her...

stephdeeable
stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
..to stop watching so much Dr. Oz. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laughed my *kitten* off when my sister told me. Best advice you can give anyone trying to lose weight.

Replies

• FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    I'd go to another doctor for a second opinion. He should have told her to NEVER watch Dr. Oz.
  • Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    I need this Dr.s name - STAT. My mother is a crazy goon when it comes to Dr. Oz and all his "tips".

One time, just to get her to actually put some real thought into something I was telling her, I lied and said that I had read it in an article quoting Dr.Oz :blushing:

Seriously though...why do people put so much value on him over anyone else? Is it the Opera effect?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    ..to stop watching so much Dr. Oz. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Laughed my *kitten* off when my sister told me. Best advice you can give anyone trying to lose weight.

That's awesome. Our doctor wants to shoot him.
  • My mom quotes "Dr. Oz" to me non-stop! She refuses to listen to her GP about exercising, eating right, and taking care of herself but she ordered some kind of mango seed pills that Dr. Oz advertised to help you lose weight.
  • It's so much stuff to take in, write down, try to find, etc, etc, you're too confused with it all...it's craziness!
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Wonderful!

I no longer watch his show. Just like I had to quit Dr. Phil years ago!

Dr. Oz only seems to pitch products anymore!
  • Jpinpoint
    Jpinpoint Posts: 219 Member
    My mother is Dr. Google/Phil/Oz/insert new doctor on tv.

My sister is the same way as our mother, it is annoying.

I think it's a version of Stockholm or Munchhausen.

My doc gets upset because I wait so long to get things checked out. I don't register pain because I think it's a hypochondria thing I picked up from my mom. Luckily I am the opposite of a Dr. Anything believer.

And lastly...Dr. Ox talks about poop way too much.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    This is great!
  • urastupidchimp
    urastupidchimp Posts: 80 Member
    My future mother-in-law is from Turkey, so anything he says might as well have been handed down by god.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Funny, I have only watched his show once and it told me my I was fat and could not lose weight (my medications add 40lbs). I was hoping for a magic pill. :cry:
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I'd go to another doctor for a second opinion. He should have told her to NEVER watch Dr. Oz.

haha!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Hah! Brilliant. The question is... will she listen or does she value him so much that she'll choose Dr. Oz over a real, live doctor?
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    my mom used to quote dr oz to me about various health matters - she also smoked 1-2 packs a day. I finally told her "dr oz says you shouldnt smoke" and she stopped quoting him >.>
  • PaulW2MD
    PaulW2MD Posts: 44 Member
    Dr Oz. causes me more trouble than about anything I deal with on a daily basis.
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    hahahahahaha.....LOVE IT!!
  • my mom used to quote dr oz to me about various health matters - she also smoked 1-2 packs a day. I finally told her "dr oz says you shouldnt smoke" and she stopped quoting him >.>

LOL!!!!
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    And lastly...Dr. Ox talks about poop way too much.

No such thing as too much poop talk.

Dr. Oz on the other hand I can't stand that man
  • Dr. Oz is a quack!
  • Not that I particularly care, but am I the only one who not only has NEVER watched Dr. Oz, but also has no idea what he says that we should not be listening to? No need to enlighten me. Just find it fascinating that so many people know people who watch that stuff.
  • Hillarious!! I can not stand drama...that is all those shows are!!