Noodle Shirataki Zeo Calorie Noodles

Options
arl29
arl29 Posts: 55 Member
Has anyone every tried these? How do they honestly taste? They are a Groupon Deal today but it's for 24 packages and I don't want to buy that many if they are gross. :) Thanks!

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    They probably taste like fiber
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    What does the price per calorie work out to?
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    They are kinda gross. They smell fishy so you have to rinse them really really well. However if you cook them to death..practically burn them...they take on a nice consistency. The flavor will be whatever you season them with. Like tofu.
  • Prefessa
    Options
    My Daugthter calls em Nothin Noodles....You rinse off the Lime water there stored in and they p[retty much take on the flavor of whatever you put on em. So there pretty good if you know what to do with them. They can be used like traditional spaghetti with say sauce and meatballs or put into broth like Udon or stir fried like Lo Mein.

There not cheap! So if you get a good deal on em grab em. If you have doubts go to an Asian Food Market and buy a bag. Since they are nearly tasteless I don't think you will be grossed out.
  • Prefessa
    Options
    What does the price per calorie work out to?

Infinity.....Since you divide by Zero!!
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    They smell gross, I hate the texture(it's like eating a worm), and i hate the taste. I'd rather eat some food with calories.
  • EvilShenanigansTX
    EvilShenanigansTX Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Oh good ... this again.

I like them, some don't. Search them on the message boards. Loads of info. Also, loads of snark. Some is pretty awesome.
  • bpreteroti
    Options
    bump
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like them. I'm vegetarian and I usually make 'chicken' alfredo.

It takes getting used to, but I think they're yummy.
    You need to rinse them really well and the fishy smell
    goes away after cooking. (:
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I love them. I always eat them in place of pasta. The texture takes a little getting used to but they take on the flavor of whatever they are in. My son calls them my worms lol
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    Honestly they don't taste like much which means they take on the flavor of the sauce you are using. The texture while not at al dente at traditional dry pasta boiled, it has a satisfyingly chewy texture (kinda like mushrooms or melted mozzarella...IMHO).

The Spaghetti and Angel Hair varieties are my favorite and the fettuccine is ok.

Drain it well and I often dry fry it in a seasoned cast iron (or other non stick pan) to dry them out a bit more to hold on to the sauce better.

They are awesome as part of a veggie stir fry and interesting addition to a frittata.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Once I got past the initial fishy smell and its texture and tried cooking with it a couple times I love it. Its a regular part of my diet. I'd jump on a deal.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    They're really delicious and they taste JUST like pasta. WOW! Buy a whole box! No, buy two boxes!
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think they are terrific. Takes no effort to rinse them off in a colander and then you can just pour them into soup or use them in lieu of noodles. The angel hair and rice styles are better than the fettucine styles, at least for me.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I've tried them. They have a weird fishy smell. And they're rubbery. The two ways they are good:

1. In pad-thai. Perfect substitute for pad-thai noodles.
    2. In stir fry with lots of veggies and other stuff.

Btw, I use shredded cabbage as a starch/ noodle substitute in stir fry. It's cheaper and easier to cook than these noodles.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    They're really delicious and they taste JUST like pasta. WOW! Buy a whole box! No, buy two boxes!

I <3 secretlobster!
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I guess I will give them a try although the comments were all over the board. Haha. Thanks everyone!