Tips on getting more protein in my diet

Options
Right now after i take my post workout and eat i average around 110-120g protein, i need to be taking around 150-160g. I take acg3 for pre workout and I take a scoop of AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60 after workout. Lunch consists of chicken breast, and dinner includes either chicken or turkey.

Should i just drink more of my post workout, or just buy some optimum whey that i can drink throughout the day, and only drink the AMP right after a workout?

Thanks

browntoker

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Tuna and shrimp are good.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    eat more lean meats
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    ... Eat moar chikin?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Double up to two scoops and use milk instead of water if you're not already.

Fish and beef are great sources too.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I usually have 2 hard boiled eggs in the morning with toast and peanut butter. That gives me around 21 grams of protein.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    ... Eat moar chikin?

^^^This! :laugh:
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options
    Whey/ casine protein
    Greek yogurt
    Cottage Cheese
    Skim milk
    Eggs/ egg whites
    Chicken
    Lean beef
    Tuna/ fish
    Pork
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% fat greek yogurt....high in protein 10.3g per 100g and 57Cals.

Can have it sweet with fruit or maple syrup or honey etc or savoury as a substitute for creme fraiche or sour cream.

It's fab!!!
  • MacInCali
    MacInCali Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
    Cheese (in general)
    Greek yogurt
    Eggs
    Tuna
    Then, of course, there's always more lean meat to eat! :smile:
  • mrpink84
    mrpink84 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chicken for the win! I always like to have a few grilled breasts in the fridge for a snack or a quick salad. chicken breast + a little yogurt ranch dressing or something is a good light combo especially if time-constrained.
  • bertabird
    Options
    more lean meats. tuna, shrimp, chicken, turkey, there are even some good red meats out there. AND don't forget eggs! can you increase the amount of powder you use? if not, just supplement with regular whey protein powder? that's what i use. good luck to you!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Nuts
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    I recently learned from a university sports dietitian (like the RD who works on campus with the athletes at a major school) that there's not really any point to consuming more than 1.7 grams of protein per kg of body weight -- your body cannot assimilate much more than that in a day--so I'll bet you're doing all you can with what you're already consuming.
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't increase your powder if you can do it (i know sometimes it's hard). It's called a SUPPLEMENT for a reason. It should not be where the majority of your protein comes from. Others have had several suggestions that are great. Just eat more. If you don't have enough calories, then you need to change up your diet enough to get enough protein in it. I average in the mid 200s for my protein intake.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    anything that had a mother
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I eat 1/2lb to 1lb of chicken breast a day + 1 cup greek yogurt + 3 egg whites +no supplements, I can hit 150-160g+ a day in protein.
  • JayneesGotAGut
    JayneesGotAGut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    anything that had a mother

LOLOL!
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% fat greek yogurt....high in protein 10.3g per 100g and 57Cals.

Can have it sweet with fruit or maple syrup or honey etc or savoury as a substitute for creme fraiche or sour cream.

It's fab!!!

Or mix a scoop of flavoured protein powder in it
  • treesah222
    Options
    add half a cup of greek fat free yogurt to a smoothie
    egg whites for breakfast with a ham steak on the side
    fat free milk