Eating Primal

Options
Has anyone heard of "eating primal?"
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/definitive-guide-to-the-primal-eating-plan/

It seems interesting, and I was thinking about buying the book. If anyone has bought the book and/or implemented this type of lifestyle, I'd love to hear about what you think and how it's worked or hasn't worked for you!

Replies

• crucible_13
    Options
    I haven't done the "eating primal", but I'm planning on doing the "Paleo Diet" which is pretty much the same thing. A friend of mine has been doing it for a little over a month and he's feeling better, sleeping better and has more energy. He's lost just over 10 pounds. I think as long as you follow it, you will get all your nutritional needs in there.
  • mds2af
    mds2af Posts: 1
    Options
    It's the only way to go...I have been eating "Paleo" based or "eating primal" for months now and have lost over 50 pounds and never felt better! I never read the book but the basis is pretty simple, you eat like a cave man ate. Meats, nuts, berrys, veggies, fruits. No grains and no dairy. There are some good resources out there. Here are my favorite links: www.eatingpaleo.com; www.paleomama.com; and www.thepaleodiet.com. I Highly recommend this if you are serious about getting back in shape.
  • rpuy
    rpuy Posts: 1
    Options
    I haven't done the "eating primal", but I'm planning on doing the "Paleo Diet" which is pretty much the same thing. A friend of mine has been doing it for a little over a month and he's feeling better, sleeping better and has more energy. He's lost just over 10 pounds. I think as long as you follow it, you will get all your nutritional needs in there.
  • cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am already active, but want to be at my peak, nutrition wise. I have a couple problem areas of my body that I want to improve, and since I am active, I was hoping that an improvement in my nutrition would help. The book also gives advice on exercise, and that intense exercise should only be 1-2 x/week, focus on lifting heavy, and walking a lot like humans did many thousands of years ago.

I did a complete round of Insanity, and now I am doing P90x/Insanity hybrid (P90x 3 x/week, Insanity replacing p90x cardio days). Recently, I felt some pain in my right knee, and I am taking a rest week this week. I just found the eating primal thing on accident I think, and their exercise/eating suggestions sounded right.

I already eat pretty clean, but I know there's always room to improve.
  • crucible_13
    Options
    I think you should at least give it a try and if it's not for you, try to find something that will work for you. I think the plan seems pretty simple to follow, so I'm hoping it will be easy to stick with and hopefully become a lifestyle change for me.
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am reading the PB now. I have been eating primal for almost two weeks and feel fantastic! This Primal Life is also a good website for recipes.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Just snoop around for those of us that consume 50% or more calories from fat on a daily basis and mostly whole foods, meats and you'll know who's primal (or possibly a healthy low carber) :)

There's not a lot of outspoken primal/paleo/etc. in the community, but there's a few lurkers.