Any great steak recipes?

Options
Contrary to normal dieting guidelines, I'm going to start incorporating more red meat into my diet. Cut down on carbs and bring up the level of fruits, veggies and meat. Does anybody out there have any great tips or recipes on making steak for 1 or 2 people?

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Hermit4Hire Posts: 197
    Options
    In my opinion, there is only one way to make a great steak. A little salt and pepper and grill it on the barbecue.
  • TalonaCat
    TalonaCat Posts: 241
    Options
    Oh! Me! This is what I do. I apologize for the lack of measurements, when I cook I 'guesstimate'.

I choose lean flank steaks, and marinade them for about an hour in olive oil and italian seasonings. I also add a dash of pepper.

I grill these on my George Foreman grill and they ROCK my socks off.
  • TheMotherAwesome
    TheMotherAwesome Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Oh! Me! This is what I do. I apologize for the lack of measurements, when I cook I 'guesstimate'.

I choose lean flank steaks, and marinade them for about an hour in olive oil and italian seasonings. I also add a dash of pepper.

I grill these on my George Foreman grill and they ROCK my socks off.

I am going to try this. I have a new found love for the George Foreman grill.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I love to season with a bit of McCormicks Montreal Steak seasoning. then grill it on the foreman. Always tastes great.
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I marinate mine in a little soy and worchester.

I dont even bother buying marinades anymore, this cant be beat.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    24 hr marinade with minced garlic (optional), light olive oil (or like a ginger/sesame dressing), and a dash of soy sauce...after you put them in the bag pound them a bit (or punch)

edit: this was meant to be a post about some of the lean meats like top sirloin....i wouldn't do all that much to a ribeye or filet of course.
  • danerider
    danerider Posts: 11 Member
    Options

just the worchester for me, little salt, little pepper, dash of Montreal Steak Seasoning after. Cannot be beat.
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i like caribbean seasoning on steaks thrown on the grill. they go great with some grilled veggies. i cube some red potato and chop some onion and bell pepper. then loosely wrap them in tin foil and put that on the grill. i also add seasoned salt/pepper and a little olive oil to the veggies. so yummy!! :love:
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    Options
    In my opinion, there is only one way to make a great steak. A little salt and pepper and grill it on the barbecue.

I agree with this and sometimes I'll add a little worcestershire sauce to it. It gives it a little bit of a kick to it. YUMMY!!!
  • shellymei
    Options
    YUM!!!
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options

Agreed. I also add Italian dressing, garlic cloves, a little salt and pepper to the soy and Worcestershire. Yummoo!
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    JUST A LITTLE MORTON SEASONED SALT AND TOP IT WITH CARMELIZED ONIONS AND BLUE CHESSE CRUMBLES.