Question regarding exercise calories

Options
I needed a new cardio workout, the treadmill, and exercise bike were getting a little boring....I drilled a hole in my daughters snow sled (circular hard plastic) ran a rope through it and put that around my shoulders and pull her around like a sled dog...she's about 60 lbs..go for about 20-30 minutes...how would I even count that for calories?

And how to I get her to stop yelling 'MUSH MUSH, Hiyah run!" :)

Replies

• shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hahaha this is awesome! :laugh:

As far as logging it, do you have a HRM?

If not is there an option for walking at an incline while carrying something (groceries, weighted vest, something of that nature?)
  • jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is a cardio option for 'Carrying 15 lb infant....maybe 'Hiking, climbing hills with 20 lb load'

Don't have a heart rate monitor...but by the time I finish the hill in the neighborhood I can feel my heart pounding....and have a 15 min walk after that...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Hiking with 10-20 pound load? Sure, she's heavier, but pulling is a little easier than carrying.
  • jdm1726
    Options
    Yeah..it is easier to pull than to carry..I think I'll go with the hiking option...thanks!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    That sounds like so much fun!
  • jdm1726
    Options
    That sounds like so much fun!

She loves the ride, I love the exercise and the time we spend together...

I could probably pull my teenage son along too...but the TV, Playstation 3, couch and extension cords might be a bit heavy...:)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I could probably pull my teenage son along too...but the TV, Playstation 3, couch and extension cords might be a bit heavy...:)

My son is living at your house? I hope you fed him. A box of Cheezits usually does the trick.
  • jdm1726
    Options
    LOL...A head band, a coathanger and a bag of cheezies...perpetual motion! My GOD! We've just solved the energy crisis!
  • Cyclink
    Cyclink Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    And how to I get her to stop yelling 'MUSH MUSH, Hiyah run!" :)

Run faster.