when is the worst time of the day to way yourself

Options
I have heard that early afternoon is the worst time you coudl weight yourself, is that true? what is the best?

Replies

• ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Best time - first thing in the morning after you vacate the contents of your bladder and bowels
    Worst time - afternoon to the evening
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I get the best consistency by weighing first thing in the morning - right after I get up, use the bathroom, step on the scale. That way it's before I've had any food or fluids, just me in my nightshirt, every time.
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I get the best consistency by weighing first thing in the morning - right after I get up, use the bathroom, step on the scale. That way it's before I've had any food or fluids, just me in my nightshirt, every time.

Me too. Food from the day before has been digested, nothing is in yet, and you're not wearing layers of clothing. I'll take whatever I can!

I think the worst time of the day to weigh one's self is in the evening…. regardless, you should weigh yourself at the same time, be it daily or weekly. Personally, I weigh myself daily- I'm a bit neurotic like that.
  • Yaya1976
    Yaya1976 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Saturday morning, after I use the rest room and with no clothes. I refuse to weigh myself everyday and I refuse to weigh myself at night after eating all day long. But hey that's just me.

23087067.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • tynishabeezfit
    tynishabeezfit Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    midday.

I way myself every Friday morning after I use the restroom....butt booty naked.haha
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I go up the most immediately after exercising. 1.5 to 2 lbs. is my usual gain, then it starts dropping throughout the day. I also go up a little after meals. I assume that both of these gains are due to more blood flowing through my body.
  • Chlo92x
    Chlo92x Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weight myself when I wake up, which could be anytime between 5am-12 noon depending on if i have work or not.... Is this a bad time?
  • kimie1012
    kimie1012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Its best to weight yourself at the same time each day. Your weight will fluculate throughout the day, its natural - eating, drinking, blood pumping, bathroom uses, etc. Many people like to weigh in the morning b/c your body was just at rest, you are starting the day fresh and you don't have anything in your tummy. So typically you weigh your least in the mornings. I'd say avoid weighing in after a big meal, lol. Just be consisitent on time of day for your weigh-ins. For example, I used to weigh in every Wednesday after seeing my trainer so I was always in the same setting and could get a steady read.
  • NormalizeJac
    Options
    I go up the most immediately after exercising. 1.5 to 2 lbs. is my usual gain, then it starts dropping throughout the day. I also go up a little after meals. I assume that both of these gains are due to more blood flowing through my body.

It's the weight of the water you drink during exercising and the food in your stomach :)
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    before you poop or after you eat
  • sonnybunny100
    sonnybunny100 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the end of the day after I complete my food diary. Apparently this is a bad idea? Maybe I weigh less than I think I do? lol
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    any time while you eat, the best time early morning before breakfast and after visiting the toilet and not drinking or eating for 8-12 hours thats the most accurate you will get, so just dont eat at 6 pm and when u wake up next day after the toilet wieght yourself
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    The worst time is probably mid afternoon or evening after a meal, without using the bathroom first. Especially if you had a ton of sodium. And if you're a woman, right before or on the first day of your TOM. That is the absolute worst time.
  • mjhocevar
    Options
    thanks everyone! feel free to add me i appreciate all the advice!!!
  • threeonethree
    threeonethree Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Morning is the best time from my experience. Not sure the worst, but probably after dinner.