Fruit Smoothies?

Options
xecila
xecila Posts: 99
Does anyone have some good fruit smothie recipes they could share? I'd like to start making them for breakfast. I really like strawberries.. So any recipes with them are a huge plus!

Replies

• Emkell01
    Emkell01 Posts: 1
    Options
    If you want a really easy one, try the Yoplait Triple Berry smoothie packets. I have one every morning for breakfast but add a scoop of protein powder in addition to the milk. So good and filling!
  • artsyuno
    artsyuno Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You'll have less sugar if you make your own. I use 1 c. plain non-fat yogurt, fresh fruit (I love blueberries, so I often use a handful of blueberries and 1/2 of a banana) and protein powder. I use soy protein, because I don't like the taste of whey, but if you can tolerate whey, that may be better. Use whatever fruit you want or switch it up by varying the fruit.
  • princessnatalia
    Options
    i used to work in a smoothie shop - my all time fave is this: 5 slices of mango, 7 big strawberries, 1 tbsp of natural yogurt, 8 cubes of pineapple and 300ml of orange juice... or apple juice...

enjoy! x
  • jewell80
    jewell80 Posts: 20
    Options
    I like the yoplait smothie. it comes in a bag in the frozen section. you just add the yogurt & fruit cubes to milk and blend.
  • emarcia28
    emarcia28 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ive made this one: strawberries, bananas, skim/soy milk, scoop chocolate protein powder and a tablespoon of peanut butter! yumm yumm!

This one is Dr.oz show:
    Loaded with protein to satiate your appetite and fiber to keep you full and regular – this breakfast shake you will help you eat less throughout the day! For a beauty bonus, the flaxseed oil adds some extra shine to your hair.

Ingredients
    Serves 4:
    1 banana
    1 cup frozen raspberries (im sure you can sub in strawberries)
    1 cup orange juice
    1 container non-fat strawberry yogurt
    8 baby carrots
    Handful fresh spinach
    2 tsp flaxseed oil
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder ( any brand)
    ¼ cup dry oatmeal

Directions: Combine all ingredients in blender with ice. Blend until smooth and serve.
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    Here is one I have been making recently with all the nutritional info I keep track of. It's yummy. My hubby doesn't even mind the taste. It's packed with vitamins and nutrients and is pretty high in fiber and protein.

"Strawberry/Banana Smoothie"
    Calories Carbs Protein Fat Fiber Chol
    1/2 Banana -Medium 53 14 1 0 2 0
    1/2 Cup Great Value Frozen Whole Strawberries 25 7 0 0 2 0
    1/4 Cup Stonyfield Farm Organic Oikos Greek Yogurt Plain (0% Fat) 33 2 6 0 0 0
    1 T Kretschmer Wheat Germ Original Toasted 25 3 2 1 1 0
    1/2 Scoop Jillian Michael's Natural Whey Protein Powder Vanilla 50 4 8 1 2 23
    Total: 186 30 17 2 7 23
  • Mellie13
    Mellie13 Posts: 424
    Options
    I spent all this time formatting it and it didn't keep--sorry!! Also, you will need to add water to get it to the texture you like. If you add water, it doesn't really change the taste and doesn't add any calories or sugar! I also always use frozen fruit so you don't have to add ice and it gives a nice consistency.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I keep it simple!

I keep a big (Club store bulk sized) bag of frozen berries and use those instead of ice cubes. Before soy was banned from my diet I used vanilla soy milk and added 1/4 cup yogurt and honey. That alone is yummy! Add in half a fresh banana, some spinach and protein powder and you have a nice meal replacement!