What do you think of pilates? Winsor - pop - anything

Options
So about a week ago I started doing Pilates. Just at home ... Videos I find on the internet. I recently was given Winsor Pilates DVD's and haven't use them yet.

I just wanted to see what kind of results have you gotten from pilates? Drastic? Moderate? Energy levels? Anything you can tell me!

:)

Thanks!:happy:

Replies

• zoukeira
    zoukeira Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm selling my pilates DVDs (Winsor) I got much better results with things like 30DS and RI30.

They are good for flexibility (dancer here) and I have a friend who swears her tummy is flatter with a short daily pilates routine, but they haven't helped her lose any weight or change shape in the the years that I've known her. They worked my core, but I prefer to do something that gets up a proper sweat and gives me faster results.
  • freasabreze
    freasabreze Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love to do pilates. I do that several times a week from a dvd. Its not my only exercise. I also us the treadmill and I have several dvd on the exercise ball I use. I like to change things up alot. I get bored with the same things all the time.
  • rkmnp
    rkmnp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Pilates can be an amazing exercise. I do it 3-4 times a week - mat classes, videos and equipment. Pilates, if you do it right, is very challenging and very effective. Unfortunately, without professional guidance, many people are unable to tap into the subtle changes that can transform an exercise from merely movement to an extreme challenge.