Feeling like it may fall out! Help ladies!

Options
Help! I just need someone to tell me that its normal... TOM and I feel like my uterus is going to fall out. I have not felt this way since high school, 12 years ago! Worst cramps ever! Bloated and all I want is junk food! I have been on MFP for 4 months now, but this is by far the worst TOM I have had yet. Someone... anyone? Please just tell me this is how I am supposed to feel!

Starting weight: 248
Current weight: 219

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    If what you're experiencing is not normal for you, you should see your primary care physician. A fitness forum isn't the best place to get your questions answered in this case.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I get the same feeling... it's horrible, isn't it?

Just use plenty of heat packs / hot water bottles, and anti-inflams or period pain medication. I try to avoid walking around too (well, usually I'm in the fetal position on the floor, haha).
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If it's not normal for you, then NO, it's not normal. See your doctor.
  • Kaymart79
    Options
    I've had some pretty serious pains associated with my menstrual cycle. Though i think everyones different. Have you considered Birth Control; it actually really helps the pain if their that serious your doctor may perscribe it. I've been on it for a year now, and since then my periods are nothing..
  • DrJanet98
    DrJanet98 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Help! I just need someone to tell me that its normal... TOM and I feel like my uterus is going to fall out. I have not felt this way since high school, 12 years ago! Worst cramps ever! Bloated and all I want is junk food! I have been on MFP for 4 months now, but this is by far the worst TOM I have had yet. Someone... anyone? Please just tell me this is how I am supposed to feel!

If what you're feeling isn't normal for you, then please, please call your gynecologist, or if you don't have one, your primary care physician. If you have PCOS it could just be some hormones getting back to their normal levels as weight loss reduces insulin resistance, but there are plenty of bad things that could be going on, too. Only your doctor can properly diagnose you. Plus, they may be able to get you better pain meds if you're really miserable!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options

If what you're feeling isn't normal for you, then please, please call your gynecologist, or if you don't have one, your primary care physician. If you have PCOS it could just be some hormones getting back to their normal levels as weight loss reduces insulin resistance, but there are plenty of bad things that could be going on, too. Only your doctor can properly diagnose you. Plus, they may be able to get you better pain meds if you're really miserable!

Not to scare the OP but I have a best Friend who just had surgery for this symptom and it really was falling. I think it is called a prolapsed uterus but not sure. She is in her 70's and complained for years. You are young but I would still go to the Dr. and have yourself checked and tell the Dr. your symptoms. It is better to be safe than sorry.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Let me first assure you that your uterus will not fall out of your vagina.

I've had that feeling. Had a hysterectomy because it was so bad. Go see your GYN.
  • chicadejmu
    chicadejmu Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I agree - call the Dr. Could be an infection or something.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advice to see a doctor - could be a prolapse.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I know my TOM pains increased when I starting exercising a lot more..it felt like someone was pulling out my insides and it was a ovarian cyst that burst..go get yourself checked out.