Brick wall!!! How did you pass it?!?

Options
Hi y'all

hit a big brick wall in my weight loss and would love everyones success tips please!!!!!!!

X x X

Replies

• capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i know what you mean. I hit plateau's in my time with losing weight. It's tough. What are you currently doing as far as working out and how is your diet. Are you strict on it? Add me or post back on this thread so we can find out. Do you have a target date and weight that you would like to be at?
  • laurajnick
    laurajnick Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I go to gym 3x a week which is 30 minutes resistance training, and my diet is interesting!!! At the moment my eating is terrible, and no not strict, I go through 2 fantastic weeks then I binge for a week and the cycle starts again! My target date is around may 2014 and I would like to be 100lbs.
    X x x
  • capinoy
    capinoy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Thats plenty of time and a great goal. Whats going on in 2014 and you do agree that if you lost the weight before than it would be great right?
  • laurajnick
    Options
    Nothing is happening in 2014 I just know to lose 114lbs is going to take me a long time as I want to tone while I lose, to try and avoid excess skin! To lose the weight before then would be amazing, but i have to be realistic,
    How much weight have you lost? Have you got skin or toned?
    X x x
  • ktrauzzi
    ktrauzzi Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is advice you want to follow but it worked for me. I stopped counting my work out calories. I wasn't allowed to touch any of them. Now that I'm better I can leave them or use half of them. And my other "trick" is going to maintenance for a couple of weeks. That way I am not gaining but it seems to get me back losing when I start trying to lose again. Good luck!
  • laurajnick
    Options
    Thanks ktrauzzi, that sounds like a really good idea, so in a way ignore the extra calories that exercise gives me and just use the net calories I get set! What do you mean by maintence?
    X x x
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I plateaued for three whole months. I tried everything, and the number on the scale wouldn't budge. I just stuck with it, and didn't give up, and eventually I just proved to my body that things were not going to change, and then I finally started losing again.
  • laurajnick
    Options
    Starting the Insanity workout on the 7th January :D so excited but petrified as well, has any one done it, if so any tips?!?
    X
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Extra sleep is my secret weapon.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    If I wanted to pass a brick wall I'd eat more fibre :p

Sorry.

Edit because I read that you already weight train

If sticking with good nutrition is a problem why don't you try some variety? Challenge yourself to make one new healthy recipe a week and incorporate those you like into your regular diet