Is this going to help me shred fat?

Options
Hi! :) I want to shred fat. Right now I'm doing 6 week 6 pack. I ran HIIT (search "Treadmill Shredmill" for 30 min on friday and saturday days last week, but my fat started getting softer/squishier and I started worrying. I searched online and I found out that it was "fat bubbles popping"?? Well ...I haven't touched the treadmill since then (4 days) because I didn't have time. I had time for 6w6p which is 30 min. or so. I'm going to run HIIT for 30 min on Friday and Saturday and do 6w6p everyday except for sunday. Is this good enough to you?
I'm 105-106 pounds, 5'2 1/3. I DO not have money for the gym and lift weights. =( Treadmill, elliptical, and some $$ for exercise DVDs is all I have. Should I try to squeeze in some more running on some days??

Thank you soo much!! :)

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Shed is a great adjective for fat, could be a best seller. Add some weigh training and hopefully you'll keep some of that muscle your now probably losing.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 and 105 lbs, it sounds like you have a body composition issue.

Exercise can help create a deficit and aerobic activity utilizes fat for fuel. However, exercise is not necessary for fat loss. In the end, its your caloric intake vs daily energy expenditure that matters most. As long as you are eating less energy in the form of calories relative to your day's energy demands, you use fat as fuel and, hence, reduce fat mass.

You don't need weights either. There are many resources online with body weight exercises which can provide sufficient strength-training benefits.

Again, fat loss is mostly about your caloric intake. Strength-training will help minimize loss of lean body mass and some cardio can be done to maintain stroke volume if that's important to you or if you really enjoy aerobic activities.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    My fat gets softer/squishier before it disappears. I don't believe the cells are "popping" , more like shrinking. I imagine that the cell walls are like our outer skin when we shed weight, baggy until they shrink to their proper form.

As far as are you exercising enough, you haven't given enough information to have an opinion. Are you eighteen, are you male, are you short and 300 lbs., are you trying to lose your last 2 pounds? Are you eating enough to sustain your energy output? There are way too many variables to answer. I know I could look at your profile, but I don't feel like it.

Edit: Okay, someone was talking to me when I posted that. OP is 5'2, Still not enough info. There are 80 year old nursing home patients with the same stats.
  • maqsmj
    maqsmj Posts: 697
    Options
    i personally do not use supplemental or anything, only protein shake, keep it natural , do your cardio and weight lifting

i can assure you all the fat will disappear with TIME & PATIENCE

it is a constant effort and there is no magic pill for it

im being blunt in my answer but this is the truth
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    You have fat? I'm your height and at 115lbs i was skin and bones.
  • rodriguezbrian
    Options
    just a couple of days ago i was killing myself like that too. doing a whole bunch of intense training had my joints all hurting and stuff. in my opinion and personal experience 30 mins of hiit is waaaaayyy too much. to lose fat all you have to do is spend that money on food. vegies, meats(chicken breast,turkey,tuna,salmon which are lean meats) nuts and fruits. and i lost weight easily just by walking on the treadmill for 30-45 mins every day and 15 mins only on days i lift. thats it bruh. good luck i hope this helps.

p.s meeting my calorie goals became easier once alot of my foods were low calorie like the meats and vegies and stuff. C=
  • neanderthin
    Options

Edit: Okay, someone was talking to me when I posted that. OP is 5'2, Still not enough info. There are 80 year old nursing home patients with the same stats.

Her profiles says 18 yrs old.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and I'm 117 and I'm not skin and bones but I would be if I was 105! Don't lose more weight just weight train.

Edited to say I adore your profile pic of the dog! So cute!!!
  • mrsricta
    Options
    At 5'2 and 105 lbs, it sounds like you have a body composition issue.

Exercise can help create a deficit and aerobic activity utilizes fat for fuel. However, exercise is not necessary for fat loss. In the end, its your caloric intake vs daily energy expenditure that matters most. As long as you are eating less energy in the form of calories relative to your day's energy demands, you use fat as fuel and, hence, reduce fat mass.

You don't need weights either. There are many resources online with body weight exercises which can provide sufficient strength-training benefits.

Again, fat loss is mostly about your caloric intake. Strength-training will help minimize loss of lean body mass and some cardio can be done to maintain stroke volume if that's important to you or if you really enjoy aerobic activities.

I cannot tell you how glad I am to see someone sharing this information! Obviously working out can help you in so many ways but it seems like most people don't understand that losing weight is about calories in versus calories burned and that can boil down to ONLY what you eat!!!! I also agree with your comment about the body composition issue!
  • mrsricta
    Options

That's what I was thinking!!
  • acogg
    Options

I also said I didn't feel like looking at her profile. And I don't feel like it because I know she will be teenage with unrealistic expectations. And I had someone ranting in my ear about something totally unimportant that I have heard before, at the same time. I started out with a nice reply, notice how I lashed out in my second paragraph? That was me reacting to the rant going on around me.
  • neanderthin
    Options

I also said I didn't feel like looking at her profile. And I don't feel like it because I know she will be teenage with unrealistic expectations. And I had someone ranting in my ear about something totally unimportant that I have heard before, at the same time. I started out with a nice reply, notice how I lashed out in my second paragraph? That was me reacting to the rant going on around me.

okey dokey.
  • jade_131
    jade_131 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My fat gets softer/squishier before it disappears. I don't believe the cells are "popping" , more like shrinking. I imagine that the cell walls are like our outer skin when we shed weight, baggy until they shrink to their proper form.

As far as are you exercising enough, you haven't given enough information to have an opinion. Are you eighteen, are you male, are you short and 300 lbs., are you trying to lose your last 2 pounds? Are you eating enough to sustain your energy output? There are way too many variables to answer. I know I could look at your profile, but I don't feel like it.

5'2 1/2 and 105 pounds. I'm 18.
  • jade_131
    Options

okey dokey.

I just want to be more toned and get some fat off. Yes, I do have fat I can post a picture.
  • acogg
    Options
    Oh, and to top it all off, I was asked to be a friend by a crazy, conspirital anti-sugar person. We are being invaded by food nazis! :noway:
  • jade_131
    Options

That's what I was thinking!!

26.5 inch waist, 50 cm thighs, 32 cm calf, 21.5 cm ankles...they are not toned looking :/ I also want to lift up my butt, too..
  • ARHx0
    ARHx0 Posts: 32
    Options
    Strength train.
  • jade_131
    Options
    I eat a very clean Vietnamese diet. all natural, nutrient-rich, with maybe some unhealthy snacks once in a while...I eat 1500-1800 cals a day.. I know I eat a lot of carbs but it's hard to avoid since I'm asian, and i dont think asians in general are not considered "fat."
  • jade_131
    Options
    Strength train.

Ah I know I am so naive but does that mean lifting weights?? I don't have money to go to the gym and lift weights...
  • acogg
    Options
    You are supposed to have fat. You are still developing and growing. Just because you can vote and join the military doesn't mean you are done developing. Plus you are female, females need fat to be healthy enough to grow children. We must have a little excess, men on the other hand only have to carry around small sacks of half children that they never need to feed.