P90x

Options
Ok my darling friends, I did it... i broke down and got P90x... I havent even looked at it yet but hoping to start tomorrow afternoon after work. How do you record P90x? Lol I honestly know zip about it other than all my friends love it.
Blessings,
Ed

ps: i bet this has been asked before, sorry.

Replies

• DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I just wear my heart rate monitor and log what I burned during each workout. Create a custom workout on MFP and you can adjust the calories day by day depending on what you burned. If you dont have a HRM, get one. It's well worth the money.
  • HardmanGT
    Options
    I started doing the same thing as bratgrr1 today!

Bought a new monitor, set it up and was shocked to see that I just burned 999 calories in Plyometrics! I was guessing about 600 prior to today.
  • castellana
    castellana Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    read read READ THE BOOKS that come with the program! That is my most important piece of advice. You must follow the nutrition guideline and most definitely the fitness schedule. You can do like bratgrr1 says (which is what I do): log your individual calorie expenditure per day, but you must know what your ratios (carbs, fat, proteins) are supposed to be etc. Do the fitness test and all that FIRST. And then start the program, not vice versa.

Contact me if you need some more assistance. I am a coach with BeachBody. And if you have a BB coach already, then contact him/her and they will be able to help you as well.

Good luck!

Maria
  • TanRobins
    TanRobins Posts: 44
    Options
    Bratgrr1 and HardmanGT,

What kind of HRM do you have? Do you like it? I am shopping around for a good/basic/inexpensive one (in that order LOL). Thanks!
  • sheydab
    sheydab Posts: 11
    Options
    :smile:

let me know how it works, I would love to try it. Best of luck to you and go for it.
  • Phillips28
    Phillips28 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I too am wondering what HRM's you got. Were they the Bowflex ones from BeachBody? If so, did you get the one with or without the strap?
  • evieN2010
    Options
    just record your calories burned after workout in (exercise) your personal workout box and it will track it for you.
  • Loriea
    Loriea Posts: 4
    Options
    I am starting P90X tomorrow as well. I spent the last week doing research and getting supplies. good luck
  • StephenD
    StephenD Posts: 3
    Options
    On HRM- Sportline S7 that I purchased @ Wal-Mart should fit all you needs. It reads off your wrist so there is no strap. Maybe not super accurate, but it should get you close.

Hope this helps.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Bratgrr1 and HardmanGT,

What kind of HRM do you have? Do you like it? I am shopping around for a good/basic/inexpensive one (in that order LOL). Thanks!
    Polar F6. The polar brand is the best in my opinion. I think I paid $99 on drugstore. com. it was well worth it. It has a chest strap but you don't even notice it and chest straps are very accurate.

Read this blog for some great great info: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

I bought my husband a cheaper model (big regret) I paid $49. It was basically a waste because it didn't track calories.

Plus, the Polar brand communicates with the machines at the gym if that interests you.