taller girls, what are your measurements

Options
2»

Replies

• bridgetgirl20
    Options
    I'm curious to compare what other tall girls measurements are.

My chest is 34"
    stomach 29"
    Hips 34"
    Thigh 17.5
    Calved 12"
    Arms flexed 9.5"

I'm 6'2" 125 with my goal at least 140. I'm really trying to add muscle to my long frame, especially legs

Girl! You are 6'2" and 125 lbs???????? Oh my gosh you have to be absolutely tiny!! I am 6'2" and 245 right now. I need to take my new measurements, have lost 30 lbs or so since last doing them. My goal weight is 199 then will re-evaluate once I get there.
    I know, I'm really trying to get away from the stick figure look, congratulations on your loss, you look good
  • kellybatkin
    kellybatkin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im 5"8!!

CW 145lb
    Waist 26.75
    Hips 36
    Thighs 22

GW 135 i think!!
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hips - 39in
    I don't keep track of other measurements. As long as I can wear my size 4 jeans comfortably and things for work still fit, I'm happy!

I don't intend to be mean or insult you in any way, but I have to question if there is a typo here. There's no way 39 inch hips get into a size 4 jeans. I don't know of any brand that runs like that. Even Levi's size 4's are 36 1/2- 37 1/2" hip.

Well, let's see. I have 3 Old Navy pairs (1 Dreamer, 2 Sweetheart), 1 pair of New York and Company, and one pair of Ann Taylor Loft. I was in White House/Black Market and needed a 4 in black velvet skinny pants too. You need pictures?
  • ruperthumphrey
    ruperthumphrey Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and a looooong, looonnng time ago, in a faraway time, my measurements were

bust: 34
    waist: 24
    hips: 36

now
    bust: 42
    waist: 42
    hips: 45 whaaaa!!!!
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    Options
    Hips - 39in
    I don't keep track of other measurements. As long as I can wear my size 4 jeans comfortably and things for work still fit, I'm happy!

I don't intend to be mean or insult you in any way, but I have to question if there is a typo here. There's no way 39 inch hips get into a size 4 jeans. I don't know of any brand that runs like that. Even Levi's size 4's are 36 1/2- 37 1/2" hip.

Well, let's see. I have 3 Old Navy pairs (1 Dreamer, 2 Sweetheart), 1 pair of New York and Company, and one pair of Ann Taylor Loft. I was in White House/Black Market and needed a 4 in black velvet skinny pants too. You need pictures?

Also not trying to be rude, but old navy and Ann Taylor are known for vanity sizing. Their size 4 is more like regular size 8-10. All that really matters is that you're healthy and happy with your size. The number on your pants doesn't define you.
  • kristen6022
    Options
    Hips - 39in

Also not trying to be rude, but old navy and Ann Taylor are known for vanity sizing. Their size 4 is more like regular size 8-10. All that really matters is that you're healthy and happy with your size. The number on your pants doesn't define you.

Everywhere I try on clothes I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. How can ALL stores be vanity sized? I go into Walmart I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. I go to JCrew, I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. You know what, I really could care less if it is a vanity size, it's the size that fits, across the board, every time I go and try on clothes. Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, NY Company (actually I needed a 2 there the other day). In January I was 180 and wearing a 12. I lost 32 pounds I wear a 4/6. I think it's pretty logical that this would happen. I don't believe in "vanity sizing" if EVERY store I try clothes on is the same. It is what it is, if you are all thinking I'm a big fat liar I'll go home tonight and take pics of the tag and how the fit.
  • mandypie92
    mandypie92 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    5'9"

My measurements are a little weird.. i'm smaller up top and bigger on the bottom...

current weight: 149
    goal weight : 135
    bust: 34 D
    waist: 26
    hips: 40
    thighs: 23

i wear a size 4 to 6, for all the people who posted about hips my size getting into size 4, it's possible .. just depends on the jeans. I wear a size 4 from express in jeans but they're dress pants i am a 6.

I have been losing weight and toning up but for some reason my butt/ hips don't seem to be getting any smaller...
  • carabcox
    Options
    Yes, 125 for someone 6'2 seems too slender. Go for 135! Eat lots of fruits and veggies. I don't know my exact measurements but i'm 5'9 and a solid size 8-10. I'd like to be more of a 6-8.
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    34 years old
    5'11
    148lbs - in maintenance, goal is to keep it under 150.
    Waist - 27in
    Hips - 39in
    Chest - 37in (band 34)

Hey, we are pretty similar! I took my measurements several weeks ago, although I doubt they've changed much. I am:

34 years old
    5'10.5"
    CW: 140 (maintaining and toning)
    waist - 29
    hips - 37.5
    thigh - 21
    chest - 36
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Hips - 39in

Everywhere I try on clothes I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. How can ALL stores be vanity sized? I go into Walmart I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. I go to JCrew, I need a 4 in jeans and a 6 in dress pants. You know what, I really could care less if it is a vanity size, it's the size that fits, across the board, every time I go and try on clothes. Gap, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, NY Company (actually I needed a 2 there the other day). In January I was 180 and wearing a 12. I lost 32 pounds I wear a 4/6. I think it's pretty logical that this would happen. I don't believe in "vanity sizing" if EVERY store I try clothes on is the same. It is what it is, if you are all thinking I'm a big fat liar I'll go home tonight and take pics of the tag and how the fit.

I think different stores just fit differently on people. I have to wear a much larger size at Old Navy than anywhere else. I tried on some 12 jeans this past weekend (Rockstar I think?) and they dug so deep into my hips and were so horrible looking, but my Citizens of Humanity jeans are a 29 (I think that's an 8?), my Lucky jeans are an 8, and my Gap jeans are a 6. Sizes are so different among stores, and even among different styles in the same store. Most of my tops are smalls! (no boobs and all my weight is in my legs) It's just not consistent and there's no way you can look at someone and say "oh they're an 8". No need to take pics of your tags! haha
  • Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hips - 39in

As I said, I wasn't trying to be MEAN, I was confused as the numbers just don't seem to work. I guess Old Navy just misleads to make people order the wrong size? Even they say 39 hip is size 8, and size 4 is 37. (http://oldnavy.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=83042&cs=size_charts&mlink=5151,5838218,4&clink=5838218) I'd be pretty pissed off if every time I ordered a size 4 expecting it to fit, it was 2 inches too big. But... I don't wear a size 4, so I guess I don't have to worry about it. If you can somehow make it work, more power to you.
  • kristen6022
    Options
    Hips - 39in

As I said, I wasn't trying to be MEAN, I was confused as the numbers just don't seem to work. I guess Old Navy just misleads to make people order the wrong size? Even they say 39 hip is size 8, and size 4 is 37. (http://oldnavy.gap.com/customerService/info.do?cid=83042&cs=size_charts&mlink=5151,5838218,4&clink=5838218) I'd be pretty pissed off if every time I ordered a size 4 expecting it to fit, it was 2 inches too big. But... I don't wear a size 4, so I guess I don't have to worry about it. If you can somehow make it work, more power to you.

Maybe I'm just measuring at the wrong place, I don't know. Seriously, I don't even know why it would be debated. I think the whole crap about vanity sizing is a myth since I typically have no issue fitting into a 4 or a 6 in ANY store, not just Old Navy, not just NY and Company, not just JC Penny. I don't even know why anyone would care...I'm proud of my progress and I'm not wild about calling me out about being a big fat liar. But thanks, you made my day...
  • colie46
    colie46 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    SW: 150
    CW: 138
    GW: 125

Hips: 38.5
    Waist: 26
    Bust: 34
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9".

My current weight is about 166-167.
    My measurements are:
    Bust - 36 inches
    Waist: 29.5 inches
    Hips:39.5(if measured at the low-rise, around the biggest part of my bum, I'm more of a 42, lol)

I'd like to be about 140 pounds, and healthy. I'm not too picky about the measurements. I currently fit a size 13 in pants, M/L in tops, and slightly smaller in dresses... it really depends on the store. I'd love to fit a size 6/8, if possible, but I'd be thankful for anything below a size 13. I can't remember the last time I wore anything smaller, haha, so that would be a big accomplishment for me!
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Probably a bit of a stretchy fabric too in your pants so if your hips are a little bigger, they'd still fit because they will form to your body....depending on the style of jeans too, it may not matter as much what your hip size is....it goes by your waist, am I right? So in that case I could see a size 4 fitting you for sure.
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and 151 (well, 153 after this horrible weekend!)

Arms - 11
    Chest - 33
    Waist - 27
    Hips - 39.5
    Thighs - 23.5

^^^^^^^My goal but currently:

Arms:12
    Chest: 36
    Waist: 32.5
    Hips: 46 (YES AZZ fa days)
    Thighs: 25.5

I am 5'8 too
  • HollyHobbitToes
    HollyHobbitToes Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    OK so I am 5'9"
    weight 193
    waist is 43.5
    hips 43.5
    thighs 23.5
    arms 13

Can sure tell where my problem area lies....in a year I gained 2 inches on my belly but my weight is the same now as when my waist was 2 inches smaller....kind of a wake up really, because I know I need to do some exercises that target my belly!!!
  • gbmakeup
    gbmakeup Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello.

Im 5'8.4
    Waist - 35.5
    Hips 45
    Bust 44

I do wonder even at my target weight if I'll ever be a size 10. I think I am just big boned. No really!! Really I am!:laugh: