Typical Diet day plan for women wanting to lose weight

Options
Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone would would like to share there typical meals and snacks in the day while they are trying to lose weight.

Replies

• tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, feel free to look.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to take a look (I was on vacation last week and didn't log). But I have a desk job so I typically eat light throughout the day, and have a big meal at night after working out.

Breakfast. I'm not hungry in the mornings so breakfast is usually just a cup of soy milk. Today I started adding protein powder to it to up my protein.

Lunch - is almost always leftovers from dinner or a sandwich wrap made with a high fiber wrap, some type of fish/meat or hummus, a generous handful of dark leafy greens and chopped onion and tomoto (and sometimes other shredded/chopped veggies.

Dinner - this can be anything but always includes plenty of vegetables and a protein source. About half the time it also includes some type of grain.

Snacks - in the morning I will often have a can of low sodium V8 if I get hungry before lunch. I usually have a late afternoon snack of fruit and either nuts or dry roasted edamame and a cup of almond milk so I won't be starving during my workout when I get home from work. And most evening for "dessert" I have a handful of cocoa roast almonds.
  • soulfulsally
    Options
    Eat the foods you like, just a little less. And switch out the really unhealthy stuff for healthier options whenever you can.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like, just a little less. And switch out the really unhealthy stuff for healthier options whenever you can.

Agreed.

But you can have some of the really unhealthy stuff sometimes. Just not all the time.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    my food diary is open and i am always trying to lose! I log every day and am 100% honest. I am pretty ocd anbout walking and keeping my food journal!
    i limit sweets, unless they are homemade - but I occasionally give in, breakfast is always a fruit, soymilk smoothie and lunch is leftovers or Amy's frozen meals if I don't have any leftovers.

I eat all day - 3 squares plus snacks
  • melanieOG
    Options
    Great thanks everyone. Is anyone on a 1200 cal count per day? What do you eat if so?
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I used to be but realized by reading these boards how totally unhealthy eating that low calorie is for my body long term. Now I eat 1600 but still experimenting.
  • thelawwon
    thelawwon Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. Have at it!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hi Melanie! I just had a quick peek at your profile, and your ticker says you want to lose about 10 pounds and you want to look toned at your goal weight. With a small amount to lose, you should look into your BMR and figure out your TDEE and eat about 10% less than TDEE and no less than your BMR. You should also probably start lifting weights (heavy ones) to help preserve the muscle you currently have. Do a google search for "scooby's TDEE calculator". Fill in the numbers and go from there.

Good luck!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You're already quite thin and don't have much weight to lose. I think you'll get the results you want by shifting your focus to working out as opposed to dieting. Up your protein and start a lifting program since what I assume you really want is to tone. Just a suggestion.