What to snack on?

Options
What can i snack on when I have a hunger binge during the day or late at night?

... and please don't say a glass of water.... :-)

Replies

• Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I hear you with the water thing!

Snacks I enjoy grapes, sometimes a hot chocolate helps to, depends what sort of cal range you're looking at. I enjoy cereal bars and fruit .
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Veggies.

And if you're eating the correct amount of calories you shouldn't have to binge on anything.
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Well, do you mean you are actually hungry or that you feel like binging?

You can eat whatever you want.

It's a matter of making a smarter (healthier) choice. Fruit or vegies. Nuts (small amounts). I like string cheese, yogurt, and salads for snacks.
  • ny2298pdsgt
    ny2298pdsgt Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've recently fallen for hte chex mix 1.75 oz bags that we get in care packages sent to us Soldiers while deployed. They are 210 cals for the bag, but are filling.
  • charlottefairbairn
    Options
    A small spoon of crunchy peanut butter I find fills me up, and because it sticks around your mouth it takes ages to actually eat. Make sure you get one with no added sugar though!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn..yum
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I like light string cheese, a cup of soup, some sugar free hot chocolate, turkey lunch meat, tuna with light mayo or mustard, veggies & hummus, or an apple. I know what you mean about having night binges. I even wake up in the middle of the night having eaten (like eating while asleep or half asleep).
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options

Veggies.

And if you're eating the correct amount of calories you shouldn't have to binge on anything.

Binges are often totally unrelated to caloric intake in people with disordered eating. It can be a psychological issue or perhaps even an addiction issue.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Dried fruit, nuts, natural yoghurt (I like to add honey or a dash of jam for flavour), popcorn, berries, all fruits and vegetables (mmm carrot sticks!), smoothies, every now and then a square or two of dark chocolate, home made muffins and two ingredient cookies (they are amazing, you can add coconut, nuts, dried fruit, dark choc chips or cinnamon for extra tastiness...http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/799534-two-ingredient-cookies).

Good luck finding a healthy and yummy snack :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

my mid morning snack right now is a boiled egg and a low cal hot chocolate! yummy!
  • bdamaster60
    bdamaster60 Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Veggies.

Binges are often totally unrelated to caloric intake in people with disordered eating. It can be a psychological issue or perhaps even an addiction issue.

it can also be a result of fungal infection. IMO human will power is always stronger than the biological chemistry that sets of a chain reaction of neurotoxin release, which eventually causing 'cravings'.

EDIT:
    snack a protein shake.
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I find if i go for exactly what i am craving it will satisfy me. If not then i am just fooling myself and keep on eating until i get it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Veggies are the safest best if you feel like you need to binge. Also, they seem to take away the "desire" to binge.

Unless you are actually hungry, and didn't really mean to say "binge," in which case you should look at your calorie count and how you are spreading out your calories through the day. If you are truly hungry, then you probably aren't eating enough.
  • firemanfive0
    firemanfive0 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    dont forget jerky....beef, chicken. It's high in protein, full of flavor and fixes my cravings.
  • smruggles
    smruggles Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    If I'm craving something specific I will snack on that item, but only a little bit of it. With Christmas coming up, I know I'll eat some Reese's trees, but it's about having one in a day... instead of five! haha.

I love any type of peppers for a snack. I agree with the above comments of air popped popcorn [delicious without anything on it], or peanut butter!

I'm usually eating bad because it's not something easy to just grab and go, so I really enjoy the Ritz 100 calorie snack packs [or any 100 calorie snack pack, honestly]... but JUST ONE! It's hard to eat just one packet, I know, but you've got to stay focused on your goals!
  • MadtownMadisonian
    MadtownMadisonian Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I now keep a bag of raw almonds at work to keep me going if I get hungry between meals.
  • NakeshiaB
    NakeshiaB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    dont forget jerky....beef, chicken. It's high in protein, full of flavor and fixes my cravings.

Also extremely high in sodium, but if your blood pressure is ok then it would be a good "sometimes" snack.
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i love these lately.. the cookies are really big too

Gamesa_Animalitos_Cookies_17.6_oz__53312.jpg
    labelL351931.gif
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    The souls of your enemy's.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member