Breakup

Options
So my fiancee of two years was cheating. I broke it up. I still love her but I wont be made a fool out of for anybody. Not like that

Any support or motivation would be appreciated hah.
The only good thing that came of this is that in the gym busting my *kitten* on weights I can channel a lot of the stress into it.

Sure beats a caffeine supplement ( doesnt come recommended though ;p)

Replies

• TheLittleLebowski
    Options
    That sucks, I'm sorry man.

Looks like you're dealing with it right though, channeling it into positive energy and such, keep it up.
  • retromomof2
    retromomof2 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Good for you for not allowing anyone to treat you that way. It hurts but you keep on going.....that is all you can do. Way to go on channeling it into exercise.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Good for you. It sucks, but in the long run you'll be glad you made the decision.
  • fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    go cold turkey for at least a week. (form the relationship)
    focus on exercise and you in that time
    Then start to deal with it with a clearer head and time will reveal all

It's going to suck, but it will not last forever, it will pass
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    go cold turkey for at least a week. (form the relationship)
    focus on exercise and you in that time
    Then start to deal with it with a clearer head and time will reveal all

It's going to suck, but it will not last forever, it will pass

I really agree with this. I went through a similar breakup and dreading how much it was going to suck was worse than actually was. I made sure to completely book my weekends for 5 weeks. By the 6th, I was exhausted (haha) and ready to just be alone and be okay. After a few months I learned how to be happy on my own again and everything was fine. Good luck!

Oh yeah, and you definitely made the right decision.
  • what a total noob she was!!!!!

doing the gym workouts sounds like it's working well!!

maybe set a few challenges up ??
  • Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    I second the "good for you" for having the strength to leave the relationship. Cheating is something I would never tolerate either. It is a bad choice that she made, and you are not responsible for her actions.

Staying busy is a strategy I have used after break-ups that helps a lot. You are doing great by focusing your energy and taking out stress with workouts.

Break-ups always hurt, but I try to look at them as a new start and a chance to focus on me. It might take a while to get to the point of being able to view it that way, but you will get there. Take care of yourself, spend time with people who care about you and respect you.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    No one deserves that. It sucks now, but you'll be happier and find the better one for you in the end. Congrats on having the self respect to end it. Her loss. Face yourself in the mirror and stand tall my friend. Great job on the gym too.
  • sjbcobb
    sjbcobb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    When someone shows you who they are, believe them! Your fiance showed you who she was (by cheating) and you believed her and broke it off. Good for you! Trust me, it's better down the road.....
  • stewartcarden
    Options
    thank you all (: , il stick in here, just still feels like the worst thing iv had to do