Time & Gym

Options
Hi guys, how many times do you normally go to the gym & how long do you spend there (including getting to and from the gym and getting ready (if applicable)

I go to the gym 4-5 days a week
Takes 4 mins in car to travel and same coming back (10 mins if I were to walk)
Spend just over 45 mins doing cardio
Spend just under 15 mins doing weights
Spend 50 mins getting ready (including shower & changing!)

Total of 1 hour 54 mins (But do take longer if not at uni!)

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I go straight after work so it takes me about 6 or 7 minutes to get there from work, another 10 to change... on cardio day, I'm there 30-45 minutes. On strength days, I could be there an hour and a half, and then 10-15 minutes to drive home.
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym right after work takes me 3 min to get there its down the road from work. I only do cardio cause I hurt my back in an accident and can't lift weights so I do 70 min of cardio 5 days a week.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky to have a decent free gym at work. It's about 5 minutes changing, 45 minutes on the elliptical, and then I go straight home where I change and shower. It's a pretty convenient having the gym at work, and I'm content without having trainers or classes to take. I go twice a week after work, and I use my EA Sports Active for Wii 4 days a week. I've found it to be pretty successful so far, altho I'm considering adding an extra gym day now that I've gotten my stamina up. I'd never set foot in a gym before I started this job in Feb.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    It takes me 2 min to drive to gym, 33 min on eliptical 2 min home.. shower.. then rest then bed... thats my normal day

however, on days that i have stuff to do and they close at 7 (weekends) i go earlier then shower when I get home, the days i do yoga or zumba I drive there 10 min there for over an hour then drive back 10 min then shower.... I AM NOT a morning person..lol so my stuff usually happens b4 bed...

I started only a month and a half ago.. I havnt' gotten any farther, however I am down 9 l bs... so i am not complaining
  • Melissa_123
    Melissa_123 Posts: 115
    Options
    I get up at 430 am ( I know no one gets it) to be dressed and at the gym by 5:00 . I work out until 5:50 and then drive home 10 minutes. I do this every school day. (not until later on the weekends) I teach so I have to be at work at 7:00 but luckily I live across the street from my school. I did just start running in January and I am running three miles at our clubhouse on some mornings instead and boy does that let me sleep in til 5:00, haha.