ViSalus -- For those on the challenge

Options
I was thinking of checking this out but just wondering about a couple of things.

Besides the shakes you have to drink, is there a diet/meal plan they give you to follow? The x amount I would pay a month seems a little pricey, but does it get expensive otherwise? (This is where I'm wondering about the special diet and the cost of that)

I'm so sick and tired of working my *kitten* off, staying within my calories and rarely having a cheating day and keep losing the same 6-10 lbs only to gain it back again-- over and over. This seems to work for others, but the only thing really holding me back is how expensive its going to end up being.

Any thoughts from those on it would be appreciated :)

Replies

• shawnamichelle80
    Options
    I have ViSalus and I love it.
    It does seem pricey when you are initially getting your kit, but you have to remember that you are replacing two meals a day. One bag of the shake mix is going to give you 15 meals. Think of how much you would normally spend on 15 meals and compare the price.
    I wasn't given a specific diet/meal plan. They encourage you to eat snacks between meals and a have sensible dinner.
    I would recommend that your snacks not be sweet very often. I was taking things like fruit often and I realized that I was kind of sick of sweet stuff. I was already having a sweet shake for breakfast and lunch and I needed something other than a sweet fruit for a snack.
    I get things like string cheese, hard boiled eggs, raw vegetables, lunch meats, hummus, etc.
    You should try making a vegetable dip with plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) and a packet of ranch dressing mix.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Saying this as nice as possible:

There is NO way you are gaining the same 6-10 pounds if you are tracking, exercising, and staying within your calories.

Unless there is something medically wrong with you.

be honest and don't fudge your review. I know why I gained back the weight: I ate too many calories. That is how you gain-more calories in than expended.

And Visalus isnt going to fix that problem...
  • lnsy613
    Options
    I saw success with ViSalus 3 years ago and have recently started drinking 1 shake for lunch again. The initial price was a bit of a shocker. But if you are spending about a hundred dollars for 2 meals a day plan times 30 meals That's a $1.67 per meal! You can't MAKE something for that price! I did not purchase any of the supplements or whatnot but as long as you keep your metabolism up with healthy snacks between meals, I didn't find that I needed it. I can tell you that I had a very low immune system when I started ViSalus - hair falling out, facial issues - and the vitamins and minerals completely turned that around for me!

Also, they have that program that allows you to refer 3 people that purchase your plan or higher and you will get yours for free. I did that early on and ended up getting about 2 months for free!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you don't learn how to eat now, what do you think will happen when you get sick of the expense of visalus? If you set a moderate goal, exercise regularly and learn to eat whole lean foods, then you will see success. But you can't gain fat if you are under your TDEE.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    If you don't learn how to eat now, what do you think will happen when you get sick of the expense of visalus? If you set a moderate goal, exercise regularly and learn to eat whole lean foods, then you will see success. But you can't gain fat if you are under your TDEE.

This. I've seen it happen to relatives that tried to get me on the band wagon. Yes, they lost weight while on Visalus and since going off of it, they've gained it all back and then some.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    You might want to read up on serving size, or see a dietitian to help you properly estimate your calories. It's easy to underestimate! Knowing the right way to do it will help you lose that weight successfully. It's all about caloric deficit.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You might want to read up on serving size, or see a dietitian to help you properly estimate your calories. It's easy to underestimate! Knowing the right way to do it will help you lose that weight successfully. It's all about caloric deficit.

Or even at this rate, provide us details such as height, weight, age, job/lifestyle and workout routine and open her diary to get an understanding of what they stand.