I need so much support right now. I can't stop eating

Options
I am so bored at work. I just want to eat all day, then I feel so terrible after eating junk! Right now I am so depressed because I ate 5 cookies someone brought in.

I ate a nice healthy breakfast (naked juice) hoping that would take my hunger/boredness away. It didnt help!

How can I stop eating junk when Im bored?

Replies

• footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    bring healthy snacks to work (apples, oranges, nuts, seeds, bananas, etc)
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I am so bored at work. I just want to eat all day, then I feel so terrible after eating junk! Right now I am so depressed because I ate 5 cookies someone brought in.

I ate a nice healthy breakfast (naked juice) hoping that would take my hunger/boredness away. It didnt help!

well, eat more than just naked juice for breakfast. Bring your own food with you, 10 almonds, yogurt, whatever.
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Focus on something other than food. Chew a piece of gum. Drink water. Find a hobby. etc.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    so you had 5 cookies......you are going to let that ruin the rest of your day???

ummm no

just reset and make wiser choices the rest of the day....... 5 cookies can not make or break you trying to eat right......its just a tiny little event that happened

keep healthier snacks around and the junk out of reach

but you can still treat yourself from time to time

dont make food the enemy just learn how to be friends with it
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's mostly about willpower. But yes, keep healthy snacks at work and choose those over the cookies and other goodies. Distract yourself... And what ravenchick said.
  • lnsy613
    Options
    I have the same problem! I eat eat eat when snacks are around and I'm bored. What worked for me while I'm here at work (bored too) was having someone to hold me accountable. I literally have to pass her station to go to the break room - and there are doughnuts back there today - and she gives me the stink eye when I pass her to head in there. I usually clarify what I am doing - going to the bathroom, grabbing my yogurt, getting a bottle of water - and she always encourages me when I make a good food choice.
  • cakemewithyou
    cakemewithyou Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Get yourself some good snack foods and only bring one serving of each!

Also, a lot of girls I work with crochet at work when they are not busy!

I'm sure this helps!
  • cancanconat
    Options
    I agree that the five cookies is not the end of the world!!! Give yourself a break. BUT it's all about choices. So you are bored. Do something about it. Maybe that is the way your job is and you can't do anything about being bored. Okay, so then you need to choose better food. Bring little snack size baggies with healthy choices - carrot/celery sticks, almonds, strong cheese, etc. And just drinking Naked Juice for breakfast....that is not going to stop cravings the arise due to boredom...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Have not-junk to eat when you are bored. And find something else to do with your hands that you won't be stopping to eat.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is very filling, give that a shot
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    You probably ate the cookies because you were HUNGRY. Naked juice for breakfast is simply not enough, and probably way too much sugar. Try something a little more substantial, like oatmeal with a few walnuts or cashews or fruit (berries, half a banana, etc) or peanut butter mixed in, or an egg white omelette with veggies. Also, bring your own snacks. I cannot stress this enough. If I did not bring my own snacks to work I would lose my mind just about every day. LMAO

MOST importantly, FORGIVE YOURSELF for the cookies, and do NOT let it ruin the rest of your day, do NOT just say, "Well, I ate the cookies, I might as well eat everything else." It is a temporary setback, and you are NOT a bad person or a failure because of it. :flowerforyou:
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    I always eat when I'm bored and I'm big on munchy foods.... I LOVE to just snack all day.
    I make sure I have at least 3 different snacks at work all the time. Today I have grapes, bananas, nuts, and string cheese.

Bring healthy snacks with you.
    Also, like someone else said, chew gum.
    If I have minty gum in my mouth I won't eat anything else because it won't taste good with the mint gum. hahaha
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I sip on my coffee that I added chocolate protein whey to most of the day. You have to be stronger than the cravings and it gets easier the longer you work on it. Have planned snacks and a larger breakfast and lunch.
  • kaylz0106
    kaylz0106 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    its 5 cookies in one day; new day tomorrow. I'm having a horrible snacky few days becuase I've been busy but I just think its a one-off! Dont be too hard on yourself.
  • louiselebeau
    louiselebeau Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You can also brush and floss your teeth after eating. You will think more than once about ruining that effort.
  • sylviatx
    sylviatx Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna take a different tack. It's not about the snacks. It's about the job.

Update your resume and start looking for something else. The best time to look for work is when you already have a job. You are obviously not being challenged enough.

Good luck!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options

Try having something more substantial and filling for breakfast. Something with a solid mix of protein, carbs and healthy fats. A (homemade) egg sandwich, Greek yogurt and granola, something like that.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Chew a strong minty gum when you feel snacky. It curbs appetite for one thing, and also, do you know how nasty peppermint gum and, like, cool ranch Doritos taste together ?? *shudder*

Also, in what world does Naked juice qualify as "a nice, healthy breakfast that will keep you full"? Um, not just no, but HELL no. Eat something solid, try whole wheat toast with raw almond butter along with that Naked juice and you'll stay full MUCH longer.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    A Naked Juice is very nice but it's NOT breakfast. You need real food !!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    bring healthy snacks to work (apples, oranges, nuts, seeds, bananas, etc)

This ^^ Or baked chips or whole grain crackers and Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I keep cans of low sodium V8 in my desk. They are surprisingly filling for only 70 calories, and provide 2 servings of vegetables (win-win).

But you can stop eating. If snacking makes it easier, then eat a healthy snack, but it still boils down to you choosing what and when to eat. Make the right choice.