individual work out times for P90X?

Options
Hi,

I am doing P90X in Jan, but im trying to schedule them into my work rota to ensure i have time as time is really the only thing that will make things more difficult for me. How long are the work outs? As in for example 'day 1,5,6,9 is 30 min, day 2, 4,8, 10. 11 ect is 40 min and 7, 14, 23 ect are rest days. Tedious question i know but i dont get the programme until christmas :( I know they start at about 30min to 90 min, but i need to know what days are what length.

Also, are the rest days equal days apart ie every 7th day for example or are they random?

Thank you so much in advance to anyone that can answer this, id really appreciate it :)

Replies

• bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I had to stop due to injuring my back, but I can tell you the length of the first phase of exercises
    Day 1 - (chest and back) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 - (Plyo) - 1 hour
    Day 3 - (shoulders and arms) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper x
    Day 4 - (yoga) - 90 minutes
    Day 5 - ( Legs and back) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper X
    Day 6 - (Kenpo) - 1 hour
    Day 7 - (Stretch) - 1 hour (considered your rest day)

I *think* you can count on the others, that you don't get to until the 5th week, to be similar in length.

edit: this is the schedule for the first four weeks, over and over.
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I had to stop due to injuring my back, but I can tell you the length of the first phase of exercises
    Day 1 - (chest and back) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper X
    Day 2 - (Plyo) - 1 hour
    Day 3 - (shoulders and arms) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper x
    Day 4 - (yoga) - 90 minutes
    Day 5 - ( Legs and back) - 1 hour + 15 minutes for Ab Ripper X
    Day 6 - (Kenpo) - 1 hour
    Day 7 - (Stretch) - 1 hour (considered your rest day)

I *think* you can count on the others, that you don't get to until the 5th week, to be similar in length.

edit: this is the schedule for the first four weeks, over and over.

Thank you so much for that, great help :) i appreciate you taking the time to reply muchly :)
  • Bullfrog51
    Bullfrog51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also had to plan the times I would do P90X. I'm on week 8 now and really enjoying it. I started the program on a Wednesday, which meant that yoga X, the longest of the workouts, occurs on Saturday. By starting on Wednesday, you'd have your rest day on Tuesday.
    Good luck
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    I also had to plan the times I would do P90X. I'm on week 8 now and really enjoying it. I started the program on a Wednesday, which meant that yoga X, the longest of the workouts, occurs on Saturday. By starting on Wednesday, you'd have your rest day on Tuesday.
    Good luck

Thank you :) Thats exactly why im trying to plan it in as i work in retail so my shifts are often evenings and wknds but i have a set rota so i can work round it if i plan carefully :)

So you are past phase 1?? Would you kindly add times for days for phase2 please? Or is it just the same as phase 1? Also, how you finding it? Do you get sore? Sorry for all the questions, iv never done it before but cant wait to get started :)
  • bradwwood
    bradwwood Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    umm, yeah, if you don't get sore, you aren't doing it right.
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    umm, yeah, if you don't get sore, you aren't doing it right.

lol ok i mean really sore? will i still be ok to do my evening shift for example lol i have worked out in the past with a trainer and boy did i hurt that evening!!!
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    Ok so im starting to get an understanding of the programme now :) I found this link helpful in my planning :)
    http://www.thenuwavefitness.com/p90x-workout-schedule/
  • NuWaveFitness
    NuWaveFitness Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @sarahlouise7

Thanks for recommending our website page sarah. If anyone needs any help with P90X or advice feel free to message me Live Chat on there.

-Coach Lloyd
    thenuwavefitness.com
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    @sarahlouise7

Thanks for recommending our website page sarah. If anyone needs any help with P90X or advice feel free to message me Live Chat on there.

-Coach Lloyd
    thenuwavefitness.com

Thank you cos i found it really helpful and informative and have it bookmarked :) and im sure i will be in touch as im starting it just after christmas :) The video was really good too!! thanks Coach Lloyd :)
  • Bullfrog51
    Bullfrog51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day of Phase 3 and I'm very happy with the results and the program in general. With the exception of the recovery week, Yoga will happen on Saturday if you start the program on Wednesday. I do recommend that take your "before" pictures and measurments as the program suggests. Also do the fitness test before starting. The measurements and fitness test are good ways to see progress whether or not you shed pounds. I retake the fitness test after each phase and have met most of my goals at the end of phase 2. I've lost 10 pounds in 8 weeks, but my clothes finally fit again, people are commenting how good I look, etc. I was sore and still get sore after certain workouts which tells me that I'm working hard but not to the point of injury. Good luck to you. Do the best you can and enjoy the ride.

The url below takes you to a tool that I used to plan my workouts. You just plug in you start date and the spreadsheet will automatically populate what workout you'll be doing for the 90 days of P90X classic.
    http://honestworkoutreviews.com/p90x-workout-schedule-excel-spreadsheet