Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Portable and eat-on-the-go breakfasts

Here's the deal: I get up at 5.30am and start work at 6am, so I bring my breakfast to work with me to eat around 8-9am.

I've been bringing instant oats and wheat biscuits lately and keep some lactose-free milk in the fridge.
I only have a microwave here and 1 bowl (which I can cook the oats in), so cooking anything else is out of the question.

I'd prefer, though, something I can eat while I work and that doesn't require preparation/cooking @ work nor bowls and spoons. something I can just pack in my lunch box and pull out and eat as-is.

I need starch in the mornings or I get the fuzzies and can't concentrate, fruit doesn't last long enough. Something about 250-300cal would be good, not lower, but higher is OK.

I've found some savoury muffin recipes that I'll give a go as I like that idea.

Anyone else have any suggestions of things I can try? I'm not keen on cereal /granola bars as they're too expensive and I need like 4 to feel satisfied :laugh: No allergies, but I'm not that keen on fruit except bananas. I usually have a banana at lunch. Bear in mind that I'm not in the US so "branded" specialty foods with no generic equivalent or ready-meals won't apply.

TIA :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Since you have a microwave, you can easily cook egg beaters. They only take 45 seconds for 1/4 cup and you can cook them in a mug or your bowl. I sprinkle on some Mrs. Dash to add flavor without sodium. I throw cooked egg beaters on an Arnold Select Round (I toast mine but that is because I have access to a toaster). You can even spread a laughing cow light wedge of cheese (35 calories) on the bread to help hold the eggs in place. It you are really hungry, add a slice of canadian bacon (only about 20 calories per slice) and you've got an easy, filling breakfast sandwich.
  • sassydot
    sassydot Posts: 141
    Hi thanks but I wanted no-prepare no-cook, and no branded stuff I won't be able to get it
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Hmm. What about something like a bacon-and-egg toastie or some kind of protein on a wholewheat bread roll?
    Savoury muffins sound yummy. Quiche also has a breakfasty feel, but not really carb-rich, I guess.

I start work early-ish, as well, around 6.45am, and I actually split my breakfast into two because I like to eat just after waking up. So I have egg on toast as breakfast #1 at 6am, and I bring in a baggie of pre-weighed out cereal to have around 8am :)

Grin. At least starting early = ending early, huh? :smile:
  • I eat a special cereal bar for breakfast every morning along with special k fruit crisps. It is filling and low in calories.
  • Something I've found that helps keep me satisfied at work is to spread peanut butter on rice cakes. I can fix it at my desk and it doesn't require any heating. I also like to eat yogurt and sprinkle cereal on it for crunch (and carbs). My favorite to mix into the yogurt is fiber one, but I realize that that brand may not be available where you are, but any low fat, low sugar cereal will work!

Good luck! I get tired of oatmeal too! = )
  • sassydot
    Hmm. What about something like a bacon-and-egg toastie or some kind of protein on a wholewheat bread roll?
    Savoury muffins sound yummy. Quiche also has a breakfasty feel, but not really carb-rich, I guess.

I start work early-ish, as well, around 6.45am, and I actually split my breakfast into two because I like to eat just after waking up. So I have egg on toast as breakfast #1 at 6am, and I bring in a baggie of pre-weighed out cereal to have around 8am :)

Grin. At least starting early = ending early, huh? :smile:

Yeah I get to finish at 2pm, its awesome!
  • sassydot
    Something I've found that helps keep me satisfied at work is to spread peanut butter on rice cakes. I can fix it at my desk and it doesn't require any heating. I also like to eat yogurt and sprinkle cereal on it for crunch (and carbs). My favorite to mix into the yogurt is fiber one, but I realize that that brand may not be available where you are, but any low fat, low sugar cereal will work!

Good luck! I get tired of oatmeal too! = )

Nice ideas! Thanks!
    I had thought about just packing an extra peanut butter sandwich, but as I eat sandwiches for lunch, rice cakes are a good idea!