Anyone go by measurements versus number on a scale?

Options
I took my measurements probably a month and a half ago before hiring a trainer.

They were 36-29-38.

Today I took them when I got out of the shower and I was shocked, I'm now:

33-28-37.

I always heard that women lose it in their boobs the quickest but I couldn't believe how small my bust has become! Especially since the number on the scale really hasn't changed at all since I started working with my trainer but he also has me doing weights, which I realize muscle weighs more than fat.

Any other women lose a ton off their bust?!

Replies

• BetterCrazyThanLazy
    Options
    Yep! Had to go buy new ones. ; )
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    Ha!! I know! I kinda miss my boobs :(
  • snowboardn
    Options
    I tell my wife the same thing... She started this program with me a little over a week ago, and while I lost lbs, she hasn't... But I keep telling her that I can see a difference in her hips, and her waist.
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I seem to lose a cup size or two before going down a band size on my bras. The last time I was measured professionally was in October. In June I was a 44D, and in October I was a 38DDD, but 2.5 weeeks later the bra I bought was getting loose in the cups, and now I'm a 38D. I have a feeling that I could drop down to a 38C before having to go down another band size.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I go mostly by body fat....other numbers are secondary.
  • bridgelene
    bridgelene Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no. No matter how much weight I lose (I've been a big yoyo'er in the past) the boobs *rarely* lose much :frown:
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I try and go by measurements / body fat.

In the last 6 months my measurements have gone from 38 - 35 - 39.75 and 33% body fat to 36.75 - 32.25 - 37.25 and 27% body fat. I haven't lost any weight. The scale is the devil.

ETA: The bust has stayed pretty much the same, but I keep having to tighten the band. The muscles in my back are stronger. No more "back boob."
  • ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I do all of my tracking by measurments - the scale weight is just a guideline for me to see how my sodium intake is affecting me. High sodium will mean a gain of up to 3lbs in a day - but if I keep the sodium low I get losses. To me measurements are the only thing that should be getting tracked - especially if you're strenght training at all. It's not that muscle weighs more than fat it's just denser so it takes up space differently than fat does. I'll take 150lbs of muscle on my frame versus 150lbs of thin but still high fat%. As for the girls - I got bigger with each of my pregnancies and I'm really hoping they'll stick around since I've gotten used to them - however I have a feeling they'll be going back to wherever they came from. Not much you can do about it either way. Either you'll keep the girls or not.
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I guess I'll sacrifice smaller boobs for a smaller waist as well, haha.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I took my measurements probably a month and a half ago before hiring a trainer.

They were 36-29-38.

Today I took them when I got out of the shower and I was shocked, I'm now:

33-28-37.

I always heard that women lose it in their boobs the quickest but I couldn't believe how small my bust has become! Especially since the number on the scale really hasn't changed at all since I started working with my trainer but he also has me doing weights, which I realize muscle weighs more than fat.

Any other women lose a ton off their bust?!

depends on the woman.
    i've lost nothing on the boobs. so far the majority of my fat loss has been abs, hips and thighs. i've lost on the ribcage but since i've lost nothing on the boobs this means my band size has gone down and cup size gone up
  • patty4899
    Options
    1st place I lost inches :sad:
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    Ha! I know! It's so sad! I would have liked to have lost anywhere BUT there.