Need some motivational buddies

Options
Hi all! I joined MFP with my boyfriend a while ago in hopes to drop lose some weight, get in shape and start eating healthier. Recently, I over came thyroid cancer and my boyfriend and I got engaged...Biggest motivation right now is getting in shape for our wedding. I'm looking for some buddies to talk to as well as more support and motivation or even advice for staying on track! Thanks.

Replies

• misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, and we can do it together! congrats on your engagement, so exciting!!! :)
  • msharvey21
    msharvey21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tamika Harvey-30yrs-Houston
  • mikey063012
    mikey063012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also me and my wife just started using this program this week and I am looking for motivational buddies as well. I found out the hard way its hard to work out by yourself but when you have others motivating you and help motivating them also it helps build each other up my goal is to be in a lot better shape by end of may going on a 20 day mission trip in Africa.
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'll add you all :)
  • Dissirama
    Dissirama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am definitely in as well :) - Feel free to add me!
  • Poetry_In_Pics
    Options
    Hi there!

You've accomplished so much in defeating cancer & working toward a healthy lifestyle! Congrats on your engagement... exciting!

I'm using MFP with FitBit ~ so far it's helping with motivation & I love it! Nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better!

~ Becca ~
  • mikey063012
    Options
    You can also add my wife meason3
  • OliveDouglas
    Options
    Thank you everyone! It has been a really rough beginning for me. Saturday was my first day in the gym in over 6 months and I burned 300 calories on the treadmill in 45 minutes....It was so sad. One of my friends gave me a workout schedule and has me just doing cardio right now. I'm going to the gym Monday-Friday. He told me to just burn the amount of calories he tells me and not to worry about how long it takes me. (some of the trackers on here for cardio are off...today I burned 360 calories in 25 mins, but according to MFP 360 calories burned in 18 mins...That's why my times are off a little...LOL) anyway this week and next week he has me burning 300 calories every day (if I go more, that's fine)....I hate the treadmill....so I'm sticking with elliptical and he told me not to hold on so I work my core at the same time.
  • mikey063012
    Options
    Keep it up you can do it. I am the same way about the tredmill I don't like it. So I use a arc training its like the ellipetical just a little different. Don't worry about what others are doing just concentrate on your own workout. It is rough when you get back into it because you want to work out like you used to but your body has relaxed I am having the same trouble getting back to where I was but I am going to just keep at it. Same for you at least you are trying and don't give up
  • moregains
    Options
    add me
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. :)
    I'm looking to make some friends to help support.