Introducing Myself!

Options
Hello! My name is Kendall and I am 20 years old and I started my weight loss journey at the end of August 2012. I have always been a bigger girl but I was in great shape in high school from playing sports. Being in a 2 year relationship (that recently ended) and graduating high school packed on the pounds! MFP helps me keep track of what I'm eating and keeps me accountable for my caloric intake. I LOVE tracking my exercise! Just putting it in after I've done it is a huge boost for me! As for exercising, I have been jogging a mile with sprints incorporated into it for cardio and I use resistance bands for my strength workout, as well as P90X. The hardest thing for me is that I don't buy my own groceries (I am in college and I live at home with my dad and my 18 year old sister) so I don't get to pick out the healthy ingredients I need to cook healthy meals! Instead, I slack off on the calories for breakfast and lunch because who knows what my dad will whip up for supper!:wink: I am alone in this journey (although my sister is very much into exercising, she eats like a pig then works it all off everyday) so I was hoping to make some weight loss friends on this site. Thanks!

Replies

• Dissirama
    Dissirama Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Kendall! How have you been doing! I have been on and off but I m definitely back. Feel free to add me!
    D.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'll be glad to help through this weight loss journey. I just started myself! :)
  • kendallggaylor
    kendallggaylor Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been doing well! I pulled a muscle in my leg so it's put a hold on my running (grrrrr) but I've been getting shock therapy and should be up and running in no time!
  • cwatne80
    cwatne80 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chrissy... it's nice to meet you! I've been on this site for 3 months and LOVE it! It's the only thing that has worked for me in terms of weight-loss. Let's get through this journey together! I believe friends and encouragement are important. Welcome! :smile:
  • kendallggaylor
    Options
    Hi, I'm Chrissy... it's nice to meet you! I've been on this site for 3 months and LOVE it! It's the only thing that has worked for me in terms of weight-loss. Let's get through this journey together! I believe friends and encouragement are important. Welcome! :smile:
    Hello! Nice to meet you as well!
  • Welcome! I am a newbie too. Have you talked to your dad to let him know what kinds of food you need to eat for your weight loss and fitness goals? Maybe he just needs some suggestions? What if you offer to cook dinner one night a week and try new (lean) recipes? Or simply substitute healthier ingredients in favorite recipes? If that doesn't work, I suggest you take smaller portions and add a salad and fruit to the meal he cooks. Hope this helps. It's tough when you don't have a say. But keep smiling and you will get there. Also, adding exercise will do wonders too.
  • sytaniashadow
    Options
    Hello, I'm Samantha a mom for two. I'm 29, I was 380lbs in 2010 almost 3 years later I'm down to 215lbs and just trying to lose those last 50lbs. I want to be healty for my hubby and our two wonderful kids.
  • harleydall76
    harleydall76 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kendall!
  • gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    feel free to add
  • kendallggaylor
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newbie too. Have you talked to your dad to let him know what kinds of food you need to eat for your weight loss and fitness goals? Maybe he just needs some suggestions? What if you offer to cook dinner one night a week and try new (lean) recipes? Or simply substitute healthier ingredients in favorite recipes? If that doesn't work, I suggest you take smaller portions and add a salad and fruit to the meal he cooks. Hope this helps. It's tough when you don't have a say. But keep smiling and you will get there. Also, adding exercise will do wonders too.
    He buys plenty of fruits and veggies, but buddy he is a MEAT EATER! We really don't eat all that bad at our house, portion control would be the biggest help. He was OUT on buying wheat pasta! Haha!
  • kendallggaylor
    Options
    Hello, I'm Samantha a mom for two. I'm 29, I was 380lbs in 2010 almost 3 years later I'm down to 215lbs and just trying to lose those last 50lbs. I want to be healty for my hubby and our two wonderful kids.
    Wow! That's great! Congrats and GOOD LUCK!
  • kendallggaylor
    Options
    Welcome! I am a newbie too. Have you talked to your dad to let him know what kinds of food you need to eat for your weight loss and fitness goals? Maybe he just needs some suggestions? What if you offer to cook dinner one night a week and try new (lean) recipes? Or simply substitute healthier ingredients in favorite recipes? If that doesn't work, I suggest you take smaller portions and add a salad and fruit to the meal he cooks. Hope this helps. It's tough when you don't have a say. But keep smiling and you will get there. Also, adding exercise will do wonders too.
    And yes, I do exercise! I feel awful if I don't!
  • amaybee13
    amaybee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Ya, my husband was out on the whole wheat pasta (so were the kids :)). BTW it's nice to meat you. Feel free to add me.