Best store to get fitted for running shoes?

Options
SEE ABOVE.

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live. Go to a running specialty store, not Richard's Sporting Goods.

Some of the more common ones in the US

Fleet Feet
    Road Runner Sports

Most towns have at least one, locally owned, store. Ask the Google. The Google always knows.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Depends on where you live. Go to a running specialty store, not Richard's Sporting Goods.

Fleet Feet
    Road Runner Sports

Most towns have at least one, locally owned, store. Ask the Google. The Google always knows.

Everything on Google ends up bringing me to message boards of people saying, "Go to Google." :laugh:

I live in the Metro-Detroit area, if that helps anyone... but yeah, mostly I'm looking for if anyone would recommend a nationwide running store or sporting store. I'm sure local stores would be best, and I'd usually support those... but again, GOOGLE AIN'T HELPING ME.
  • mikey063012
    mikey063012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like new balance store they are really nice and have good shoes
  • CarsonRuns
    Options
    Try this local running club's page for more information.

http://downto.hostme.com/
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options

Fleet Feet
    Road Runner Sports

Everything on Google ends up bringing me to message boards of people saying, "Go to Google." :laugh:

I live in the Metro-Detroit area, if that helps anyone... but yeah, mostly I'm looking for if anyone would recommend a nationwide running store or sporting store. I'm sure local stores would be best, and I'd usually support those... but again, GOOGLE AIN'T HELPING ME.

Have you tried googling but filter to just places instead of the entire intererweb? Or Yelp? Google rarely if ever fails f you take the time to so it right. :)
  • firstsip
    Options
    I'm asking for opinions here, people! I'm on a fitness forum! :laugh:
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

When it comes to running shoes, other people's opinion's don't mean anything. Only you run like you run. Only you have your feet. Only you know what feels comfortable. You could have 100 people here tell you that the Brooks Wizbang is the best shoe in the world and it might be the worst one for you, causing injuries. You need to get fitted by someone that knows what they are doing.
  • firstsip
    Options

When it comes to running shoes, other people's opinion's don't mean anything. Only you run like you run. Only you have your feet. Only you know what feels comfortable. You could have 100 people here tell you that the Brooks Wizbang is the best shoe in the world and it might be the worst one for you, causing injuries. You need to get fitted by someone that knows what they are doing.

I'm not asking for shoe... I'm asking for a store recommendation where they know what they're doing! I don't know if walking into ****s or DSW or Sports Authority or what is going to give me good results. I don't know if it's like the difference between getting a bra fitted at Victoria's Secret versus getting it fit at Nordstrom.

Hence why I asked!
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fit to Run is awesome if they have one in your area.The shoes will run you $150+, but they will fit like a glove!
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options

I agree! Nothing can compare to a good shoe that works for YOU. The shape of your foot, how you run, etc., all play a roll in proper fit and optimal performance. Keep your eyes open as you're driving around. I can think of at least 2 running stores close to my house.
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

I'm not asking for shoe... I'm asking for a store recommendation where they know what they're doing! I don't know if walking into ****s or DSW or Sports Authority or what is going to give me good results. I don't know if it's like the difference between getting a bra fitted at Victoria's Secret versus getting it fit at Nordstrom.

Hence why I asked!

I gave you a link to a local running club which lists local running stores. Do I need to go try on the shoes for you too? :smile:
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Where I live (Orlando) we have a place calle Track Shack- a specialty store for running. I would look up "Detriot running store" or something along those lines, and just make sure that it's not a large sports store with a ton of different departments... I've always found that the specialized ones are truely better when it comes to advise and running shoes.

Don't mess around with your feet... bad shoes and poor advise will get you every time (personal experience talking).
  • firstsip
    Options

Hence why I asked!

I gave you a link to a local running club which lists local running stores. Do I need to go try on the shoes for you too? :smile:

You have been oh so helpful! I'm ever so glad I asked a regular runner for recommendations :smile:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Here in the Dallas area there are several Run On! stores that do the job well.

http://www.runontexas.com/
  • CarsonRuns
    Options

I just noticed that this link goes to the home page. The menu bar at the top has a link for "Favorite Links". That is where the information you seek is contained. Here is a direct link to it as well.

http://downto.hostme.com/DTRW_links_1.htm

You're welcome.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I found a listing in Grosse Point for Hanson's Running shop.
  • firstsip
    Options

I just noticed that this link goes to the home page. The menu bar at the top has a link for "Favorite Links". That is where the information you seek is contained. Here is a direct link to it as well.

http://downto.hostme.com/DTRW_links_1.htm

You're welcome.

What a darling.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Well, it sort of matters where you are. There's a local place about 30 minutes from me called "Raquet and Jog" and they sell . . . yeah. Anyway, they have excellent staff who are all runners. But unless you're within a commute to Rockville, MD, that won't help you.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    There is a new balance store in Farmington Hills they are good, Also a running fit store in Farmington Hills and Plymouth. I usually buy mine at Running fit but the New Balance store has very knowlabge staff also. Might be a bit of a drive for you probably something closer I would imagine.
  • firstsip
    Options
    No one's had any luck with nationwide sports stores, eh?