Cauliflower Pizza Crust?

Options
No. No, no, no. Now, stop it. Please.

Replies

• deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Haha, that was my reaction too. I have not tried it, but I have seen a LOT of reviews where people loved it!
  • Momwasix
    Momwasix Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    No. No, no, no. Now, stop it. Please.

As the old saying goes don't knock it until you try it.It is very good.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    I like it, my kids like it. It doesn't taste like pizza crust but it is good! I could live without brussel sprouts however. :drinker:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Lol, a "substitute" doesn't comp for the real thing. Learn to moderate and eating real pizza crust is fine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • hamstermann
    hamstermann Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're not the boss of me
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Oh thank God.

I was completely expecting something else.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe?

You can search for it on here or pinterest.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Food substitution fail.
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I love it. It's really good, although supposed to be a better "alternative" but it calls for ALOT of cheese... So your taking out the flour.. but adding a ton of cheese..

It's one cup of cheddar( or mozzarella )
    one cup of riced (grated) cauliflower
    2 tsp dried parsley
    1 tsp groud oregano
    1 Large egg
  • CJLS_5
    CJLS_5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've tried it..it was okay but you have to be careful about the amount of cheese you put in the crust...even if the calories are lower than bread crust the fat from the cheese is worse!! It was a little like eating an omelete with pizza toppings....okay but not a substitute for real pizza:)
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I fell for the mashed-cauliflower-as-substitute-for-mashed-potatoes idea, and will never forget how incredibly ****ty it tasted.

Cauliflower's fine on it's own, but not as a replacement for tasty, tasty pizza crust or mashed potatoes.

Just stop it.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    Options
    I've tried it..it was okay but you have to be careful about the amount of cheese you put in the crust...even if the calories are lower than bread crust the fat from the cheese is worse!! It was a little like eating an omelete with pizza toppings....okay but not a substitute for real pizza:)

Exactly! That's what I noticed.. Plus then you put more cheese on top... It was good, but not a healthier option by any means. A girl told me about it, and she was all, " it's totally healthy.. you can eat the whole thing AND lose weight."

umm.. not quite. lol
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    Options
    I fell for the mashed-cauliflower-as-substitute-for-mashed-potatoes idea, and will never forget how incredibly ****ty it tasted.

Cauliflower's fine on it's own, but not as a replacement for tasty, tasty pizza crust or mashed potatoes.

Just stop it.

I haven't tried the mashed potatoes version. I guess not I wont haha.
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    olive oil (optional)
    2 tbl diced cooked mushrooms
    pizza sauce
    2 tbl Sundried tomatoes
    1 cup spinach (fresh) and then wilted
    Additional cheese to sprikle on top
    1 tbl spoon Fetta cheese

Directions

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). Or you can steam it on the stove. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil or coconut oil.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

I've never tried it but it sounds good and got great reviews. It sounds good anyway!
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
    1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
    1 egg, beaten
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp garlic salt
    olive oil (optional)
    2 tbl diced cooked mushrooms
    pizza sauce
    2 tbl Sundried tomatoes
    1 cup spinach (fresh) and then wilted
    Additional cheese to sprikle on top
    1 tbl spoon Fetta cheese

Directions

To "Rice" the Cauliflower:
    Take 1 large head of fresh cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. (If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the whole head with a cheese grater). Place the riced cauliflower into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). Or you can steam it on the stove. There is no need to add water, as the natural moisture in the cauliflower is enough to cook itself.

One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower. The remainder can be used to make additional pizza crusts immediately, or can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.

To Make the Pizza Crust:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet with olive oil or coconut oil.

In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, stir. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9" round. Optional: Brush olive oil over top of mixture to help with browning.

Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.

Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).

I've never tried it but it sounds good and got great reviews. It sounds good anyway!
    :angry:
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    What's the point if you're going to have a *kitten* ton of cheese? It's worse then having whole wheat dough!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m17v4yB5Lq1qk17xvo6_250.gif
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    One time when I was young I went to the neighbor's house to play with my best friend at the time. His mom was very Martha Stewart yuppie type, always doing crafts and strange things. She presented us both with what looked like an ice cream cone.

I bit into it, expecting an icy treat to meet my lips and delicious chocolate flavour crystals to dance on my tongue. What did I find? Cake. Dry, tasteless cake, shaped to look like ice cream.

She grinned at me, expecting me to compliment her, but I felt too betrayed.

Moral of the story: Don't pretend your cake is ice cream. You will lose friends for life.