piling on weight even though i am excercising

Options
Help needed please, I am doing as much excercise as possible even if it is only a walk for 30mins and other days i go jogging in the morning. I try and make the correct food choice but feel really chunky and bloated and a lot larger than when i started, which was only monday. Where am i going wrong?

Replies

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    If you're gaining real weight (body fat) you're probably just eating more than you realize.
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    You started on Monday?? Really hun you need to give it way more then a couple of days to see any results. Normally when you change your diet your body has to adjust which can cause bloating and what not. Stick with it and you'll see results.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    This Monday? Weight loss isn't an over night thing. It takes time, dedication and patience.
  • brother1405
    brother1405 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, yes to be honest i've not been perfect with my eating this week, will defo be having a stricter diet next week, Yes i know its really soon, just feel very bloated for some reason but when i;ve asked friends they say i look the same. I have been very thirsty and upped the amount of water i intake significantly so maybe i;m retaining it slightly with my body not being used to it. Either way i am sticking with things. Thanks for comments
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's fairly normal to feel bloated if you've just started exercising. Your body is retaining water for repairing those muscles you haven't been using. Just give it a week or so and it will work itself out.
  • brother1405
    Options
    I don't expect to have lost anything atal yet, it is just the fact of how bloated i am feeling and it is making me feel a lot bigger than start of the week that is all.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    Hi guys, yes to be honest i've not been perfect with my eating this week, will defo be having a stricter diet next week, Yes i know its really soon, just feel very bloated for some reason but when i;ve asked friends they say i look the same. I have been very thirsty and upped the amount of water i intake significantly so maybe i;m retaining it slightly with my body not being used to it. Either way i am sticking with things. Thanks for comments

If you are retaining water it could be salt. Sodium is a sneaky littler ****er.
  • brother1405
    Options
    Thanks bcattoes thats great to know.
  • brother1405
    Options
    I don't add salt to any of my food but i am very aware that it is added and hidden in a lot of foods.
  • angieleighbyrd
    Options
    I don't add salt to any of my food but i am very aware that it is added and hidden in a lot of foods.

sodium is in everything. even celery
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Have you significantly changed your diet? Like adding a lot more of some food? When I started tracking my food, I replaced ALL my lettuce with spinach because the nutrients looked a lot better. BIG MISTAKE. Turns out too much spinach can cause gas, cramps, bloating, etc. I'm sure other foods can do the same thing.
  • brother1405
    Options
    i haven't really eaten the best this week, however i have added in my bid to eat healthy a lot more eggs into my diet at breakfast time in the form of omlettes or poached egg.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food? When I started tracking I enjoyed tweaking my diet here and there, trying to meet nutrition goals. It's almost a little game for me. Keeps me entertained and motivated to eat healthier.
  • mrso97
    mrso97 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    add sodium to your diary...you would be surprised at the amount we consume..keep drinking water...and keep exercising...i know its hard but one morning you will wake up feeling sassy and the scale will move too!! also take measurements...that will get you through the rough weeks!
  • rkr22401
    rkr22401 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    It's been less than a week. You have neither gained nor lost enough FAT in that time to be noticeable. Water weight may come and go...who cares. This is about FAT loss.

That being said, fat loss is about diet. Exercise helps, but you cannot outrun your fork. One donut will completely erase a 30 minute jog (and then some). You have to run 100 yards to burn off each M&M eaten.

Maintain a calorie deficit for a few weeks/months and update us on your progress. Get some exercise. Make good food choices so you can eat a larger volume of food for the same number of calories. Think about how much chicken breast you can eat to equal the calories of a piece of chocolate cake. Which contains more protein? Which will leave you feeling full longer?