LADIES! What style/designer was your wedding dress?

Options
I am engaged and getting married in the near future. I have lost 15lbs which does not seem like a lot but things look completely different on me now, so I am looking for insight. I thought I always wanted a ball gown, but now I think I could pull off a mermaid gown. I am all over the place! As for designers, I do not even know where to start, so help would be greatly appreciated. Even pictures would be fun to see if you have any!

What style of dress did you ladies purchase for your wedding AND who was the designer? If you know the style name that would be great too! I am jus trying to broaden my horizons.

Thanks so much!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    my first wedding I had a dress by Moonlight. Gorgeous but way over priced.
    my second wedding I got an amazing dress for only $600 at David's Bridal

Loved them both but my second one was more modern whereas the first was more traditional.

Good luck!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    My dress was Aisha by Rand Evan.
  • DFitAgain
    DFitAgain Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    La Sposa Fanal in Ivory/ Off white. It's a satin trumpet-shaped gown with a built-in corset. I loved it! It's couture from Spain, so I ended up buying it from a bride that purchased, but changed her mind for around $750. I was in pretty good shape at the time, but it is a forgiving dress.
  • BeccaLevine
    BeccaLevine Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    My dress is lace and has a sweetheart cut, it's designed by Oleg Cassini, I am in LOVE ♥

In fact, here's a picture from the website :)

2nia5og.jpg
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    :love: Lis Simon. The dress' name was "Constance". It was had a ruched bodice that laced up the back. There was a beaded floral belt attached to the waist, and a full skirt made of HUGE roses
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I got married in 2008. My dress is by Amanda Wyatt, the name of the dress is Tatum.

Here's a pic:
    mfp_3.jpg
    online photo storage
  • Mrs_Duh
    Mrs_Duh Posts: 263
    Options
    My dress was Romona Keveza. Her dresses are a little pricey, but they are gorgeous!
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    Mon Cheri Bridal :heart:
  • JustANumber85
    JustANumber85 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    The mall. I have no idea, i got it at the mall.
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I just got married in August! I also spent about $600 at David's Bridal. I LOVED my dress....

My biggest recommendation is to make sure you get it professionally altered. I made the mistake of relying on a familiy friend because she wouldn't require as much time to get the alterations done. I was so convinced that I was going to be losing weight up until the day of the wedding that I was afraid that I would go to a professional and get the dress back 2 weeks before the wedding and then it wouldn't fit on my wedding day. Well guess what? It didn't fit on my wedding day anyways! I was tugging on the top of it all day and you can see it puckering in some of my pictures. So yea, that's my recommendation: Spend less on the dress and don't skimp on the alterations!

Also, I recommend Etsy.com for ALL of your accessories and decorations.

EDIT: And Congrats!!!
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I will be no help at all but the topic made me smile. This was 40 years ago. My mother made my gown of white dotted Swiss with and empire waist over white satin with white eyelet daisy lace that had pearls sewn in each daisy. Very simple but tastefully done. I was never sorry it wasn't "store bought".
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm having mine custom made by a lovely seamstress on etsy, check her out, she's AMAZING.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/jadadreaming