Another newbie here!

Options
I've actually been using this app for a while now, but I'm gonna go ahead and introduce myself :) I'm Ashley and I'm 28 years old from Texas. I teach special education (kids with moderate to severe disabilities) and while I'm super active during the day, I somehow couldn't get those pounds off! Ever since I started using this app, I've had no problems. It's really helpful seeing the calories and knowing that I can't eat any more or have to be careful. I love putting in my weight each week because SEEING that loss is super helpful to me.

So far I've lost 19 pounds. I do nutrisystem (and it's so helpful that all the NS foods are already in MFP!) and my favorite workouts are Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred, Kim K's "Fit in Your Jeans By Friday" (No joke..it's a really intense workout!!) and then just straight going to the gym!

My doctor prescribed me phentermine to help with the cravings and lack of energy some days. I don't take them everyday, just a few times a week to help with cravings and boost my metabolism. I was nervous at first to take them but I did a lot of research and haven't had any problems with them! I never thought I'd take some silly weight loss pill, but honestly, I'm doing all the work, they are just helping me out. You won't lose real weight on phentermine unless you eat right and exercise. :-) Don't judge! It's only for 90 days! :-)

Anyway, I'd love more friends on here to help the motivation so feel free to add me!

Replies

• Bajandoll
    Bajandoll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley. I also live in Texas. You are right when you say that you are super active. Motivation is here. I will send you a friend request.
  • ashleysuperfly
    ashleysuperfly Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks girl!! I see you are in Lewisville...one of my really good friends and her husband live there! I live in Midland, so it's quite a ways from me. Good luck on this journey!! :-)