Zumba

Has anyone added Zumba or does anyone know the calories burned doing this?
Thanks

Replies

• da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    I do Zumba on a pretty regular basis. As far as how many calories it burns, that varies from person to person. I burn at least 600 calories in 60 minutes, but my friend usually around 400. I strongly suggest getting a good heart rate monitor because then it's specific to your height, weight, age and gender. Then it's also more accurate in comparison to the amount of effort you are putting in.
  • misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member

I use this too! I think it's pretty accurate, especially if you're honest with the level of effort/intensity (low, mid, high).
  • squashyhelen
    squashyhelen Posts: 143 Member
    Just tried it. The "high" number they gave is much lower than the number based on my HRM. 370 vs. 530 for 45 minutes. Not sure if this is because of further intensity differences. My average heart rate was 160 during, with a high of 196.
  • I use the WII for Zumba and use their calorie burn counts. Just took my first class and love it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    I'd invest in a HRM. It'll be more accurate .
  • Hey thanks y'all, I will get the HRM, and thanks for the links. I love Zumba. Better than just your average workout DVD. Keeps me entertained and going. Have a great one!!