Adding circuit training to exercise log?

Options
So I enjoy doing the Jackie Warner Power Circuit Training (40 minutes), but am not sure how to add it on my exercise log; or do I even need to worry about adding back in those burnt calories.

Not being a troll, I honestly don't know how many calories a typical strength training session burns. If it helps, I'm 5"9, 140 lbs and was using 5-8 lbs weights (yeah I know, wussy weights, thats what happens when you get out of shape).

Replies

• marjoleina
    marjoleina Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I use the weight lifting entry (you can find it under cardiocascular). And I use 10 pound weights, I just started last week, it takes time to build up to higher weights as fas as I know. I am doing Body Pump at my local gym, and it is the first time ever I have lifted a weight, since lifting patients at my job doesn't count :wink:
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    if you enter circuit training to cardiovascular excercise the website will suggest a calorie count. You have to decide if that fits with the intensity you workout with. For me it's very similar to the calorie count on my heart rate monitor
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks! I'll just lowball the calorie count to be sure, until I get around to using a HRM
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I have that video and my HRM reads about 320-340 calories burned while doing it. Of course I weigh a lot more than you so you will probably be a bit lower than me. Unless, of course you use a lot higher weight than I did. I usually would use 8 lb dumbbells.
  • jlr316
    jlr316 Posts: 21
    Options
    I can't do the whole thing with 8lb weight yet :( hopefully soon.

I just rounded it up to 200 calories, I'm going to try and use a HRM thought and make sure.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Just enter "circuit training" under the cardio section. Enter the time you worked out and it should give you an estimate. It wont be 100% accurate but should give you a ball park. Strength training and circuit training are not the same thing.
  • Dayquasar
    Dayquasar Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue, I don't know if I should count this dvd as circuit training or strength training? I use 5lb weights.